Your Book Activity - September 2014

Athena

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome!  How is the Maze Runner?  I want to read that soon, maybe after the movie comes out.

Thank you!

The book is ok. Not as good as "The Hunger Games"

I am in the middle now and if it wasn't for the movie that is going to come out soon, I may have not read it so fast. :)I heard that there are too many differances between the book and the movie, so I want to read the book first.

I finished Vivien's Heavenly Ice Cream Shop sat in a café on a day out today and thought it was lovely. :)

I've now started The Hotel on the Roof of the World: Five Years in Tibet by Alec le Sueur - two and a half chapters in, and I already love it; my type of travel/memoir book. :smile2:

Thank you!

The book is ok. Not as good as "The Hunger Games"

I am in the middle now and if it wasn't for the movie that is going to come out soon, I may have not read it so fast. :)I heard that there are too many differances between the book and the movie, so I want to read the book first.

Oh really?  Maybe I should read the book first!  Did you read Divergent?

Oh really?  Maybe I should read the book first!  Did you read Divergent?

Well, I tend to read the books first and then watch the movies. It's less anoing afterwards and most of the times when I have read the books first I can explayn to my friend why something is happening in the movie ;)

No, I haven't read Divergent yet... it's on my to read list, after all the Maze books :) I am stubborn that way, will read them all befor the movie is out in Bulgaria :)

Have you read Divergent?

Well, I tend to read the books first and then watch the movies. It's less anoing afterwards and most of the times when I have read the books first I can explayn to my friend why something is happening in the movie ;)

No, I haven't read Divergent yet... it's on my to read list, after all the Maze books :) I am stubborn that way, will read them all befor the movie is out in Bulgaria :)

Have you read Divergent?

Yes, I read all 3 of the Divergent books and I saw the movie too.  This is why, I think, from now on, I might see the movie first.  I don't know, there is just something that is always missing in the movie and I think I want to read that.  But after, if that makes sense!  I have always read the books first though, and am usually disappointed- except in the case of Hunger Games, I thought the movies have been great!  You will like Divergent for sure, I think!

Yes, I read all 3 of the Divergent books and I saw the movie too.  This is why, I think, from now on, I might see the movie first.  I don't know, there is just something that is always missing in the movie and I think I want to read that.  But after, if that makes sense!  I have always read the books first though, and am usually disappointed- except in the case of Hunger Games, I thought the movies have been great!  You will like Divergent for sure, I think!

Phhh I don't know about the movie-book thing. It's something like "What comes first the egg or the chicken?" I have a problem with seeing the movi first, since if I already know the end I cannot read thhe book :)

Phhh I don't know about the movie-book thing. It's something like "What comes first the egg or the chicken?" I have a problem with seeing the movi first, since if I already know the end I cannot read thhe book :)

I know, I go back and forth too.  I read the book (unless I didn't know it was a book first) before I see the movie too.  Maze Runner was supposed to be the first to see without reading the book.  I just finished 12 Years a Slave, read the book first and I can not believe the liberties they took with the movie! :o   Then, there are the movies that are better than the book!  :P

I'm currently 200 pages into Hannibal by Ross Leckie.  I nearly threw it down in disgust last night - it's possibly the nastiest book I've ever read - but I've only got about 40 pages left, so I suppose I might as well finish it :unsure:

Hi all,

Well since the begining os September I read:

Heaven's Sinners (The MC Sinners #2) by Bella Jewel

and I am currently reading:

The Maze Runner (The Maze Runner #1) by James Dashner

Welcome here :)! The Maze Runner is on my shelf but I haven't read it yet.

I finished Vivien's Heavenly Ice Cream Shop sat in a café on a day out today and thought it was lovely. :)

This is great to hear :)!

About half way through The Dinner by Herman Koch.

I hope you're enjoying it a bit?

I'm still reading Richard Wiseman - 59 Seconden (translated into Dutch from 59 Seconds), I should have it finished somewhere today and then I'll pick a fiction read. I'm not sure yet what as there are several books I really want to read (oh the dilemmas..).

I'm currently 200 pages into Hannibal by Ross Leckie.  I nearly threw it down in disgust last night - it's possibly the nastiest book I've ever read - but I've only got about 40 pages left, so I suppose I might as well finish it :unsure:

Oooh, a nasty book! How is it nasty? I'm intrigued :giggle2: 

17 pages left of The Dinner. I can't believe I'm so close to the finish line, and that I've enjoyed the book. I was worried I wouldn't like it and certainly couldn't finish it. 

I know, I go back and forth too.  I read the book (unless I didn't know it was a book first) before I see the movie too.  Maze Runner was supposed to be the first to see without reading the book.  I just finished 12 Years a Slave, read the book first and I can not believe the liberties they took with the movie! :o   Then, there are the movies that are better than the book!  :P

Unless I know abuot the book is correct. I started watching K-PAX for the fifth time before I saw that there was a book, imagine that hahahahaha

But the movies that are better than the book are really reare. I can come up with no more than 3 mayby 5 if I start thinking .

I'm still reading Richard Wiseman - 59 Seconden (translated into Dutch from 59 Seconds), I should have it finished somewhere today and then I'll pick a fiction read. I'm not sure yet what as there are several books I really want to read (oh the dilemmas..).

Ohhh yes, so may books so little time. Thats one of the main reasons I want to become a vampire when I grow up :bat2:

17 pages left of The Dinner. I can't believe I'm so close to the finish line, and that I've enjoyed the book. I was worried I wouldn't like it and certainly couldn't finish it.

That's great :)!

Marmin, feel free to ask if you're having trouble quoting people :). If you want to quote multiple people, you could press the 'MultiQuote' button on each of the posts that you want to reply to, then press the 'Reply to x Quoted Posts' button that appears when you have selected those you want. I've deleted your post that contained the same quote as your earlier post.

Edited by Athena

Several people on here read it and after recently buying it, I've started to read Herman Koch - Het Diner (or The Dinner). I'm not that far into it yet, but the writing style immediately pulled me in. It's too early to tell though whether I'll like the whole book of course, but so far I'm liking it :).

(am I the only one that has this? I start to read a new book and soon after I put it aside because I must tell you all which book I'm reading :lol:. Is that just me :unsure:?)

I'm about halfway through The Hotel on the Roof of the World: Five Years in Tibet by Alec le Sueur now.

Finally found a book I wanted to buy at the new local bookshop - The Madness by Alison Rattle.  Had a bit of a chat with the owners too, and hopefully I'll be visiting at least weekly, so I'll get to know them a bit better. :)

I found some pretty interesting samples last night while having a bout of insomnia.  I got into Oprah's Book Club recommendations and also Amazon's top books of September- so far, What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriart and Jennifer Weiner's All Fall Down sound pretty good.  I also found out The Goldfinch won the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction, so I got the sample for that too, although it doesn't appeal to me as much.  Anyway, they are all available through my library!  I'm excited as I haven't used the library with my kindle yet.

(am I the only one that has this? I start to read a new book and soon after I put it aside because I must tell you all which book I'm reading :lol:. Is that just me :unsure:?)

:giggle2: I'm that way too- I must change it in my little place under my user name.  Also about my signature, but I like the one I have now so haven't changed it. 

Edited by Anna Begins

Next up .... sho_zps2e0abe77.jpg

:D  Interesting little book. 

Several people on here read it and after recently buying it, I've started to read Herman Koch - Het Diner (or The Dinner). I'm not that far into it yet, but the writing style immediately pulled me in. It's too early to tell though whether I'll like the whole book of course, but so far I'm liking it :).

Look forward to your review. :)

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. :) 

I finished The Dinner and started reading The Library of Unrequited Love :)

Going to review it?  :readingtwo: