What reader species are you?

Angury

I came across this info graphic which I thought was brilliantly done:

Reader-Species-Infographic1.png

http://www.laura-e-kelly.com/creative-work/infographics/reader-species/

I would say I am a book-buster and a promiscuous reader. Most of my books have some sort of mark on them to indicate they have been used. Either creased pages, stains or bent spines. Any new books that I buy don't look new for long. I have also started this awful habit of stopping a book half way through to begin another book. I need to stop this as it means I don't get anything finished. I might start a log or something just to motivate me to go through one book at a time.

Oh, and I'm definitely a 'Travelling Reader.' I find it more enjoyable to read when I'm out in a coffee shop or restaurant somewhere. It's nice to watch the world go past you while you're absorbed in another world. Sitting in a cosy bed with a hot cup of tea in winter has its own charm as well though.

I'm an easily-influenced reader as well. Every time I hear a good review, I go and check out that book. I enjoy so many different genres and I'm always trying to keep an open mind. I want to absorb as much knowledge as possible, which leads to ridiculously long to-read lists.

I have also noticed that I'm becoming more of a 'Professional Reader' - that is, I've started reading books mainly for studying or coursework etc. I really hope I still continue to read for pleasure though. People always tell me that as they get older they have less time to read, but I hope I can still find time for a good novel even a few years from now. And I guess being a member of forums like this helps me to remember why I enjoy reading so much.

So what kind of reader are you?

This is great! I had a good objective study. I think I am Free-Range but I have some characteristics of the Situational and Compulsive readers too. I exhibit alarming behaviours of a Book Buster (I fold corners and have been known to read in the bath, and have also BURNED books I didn't want), Book Rescuer, Multi-Tasker and Re-Reader so I most definitely fall into the ABUSER catagory.

A major enjoyable sub-activity of being a Book Rescuer for me is that of Book-HUNTING of old, weird and interesting books in charity or second hand shops. The list didn't really cover that. 

Edited by vodkafan

Great find! I loved reading that.

I think these apply to me:

- Hoarder: I have lots of books

- Book Worshipper: I love books

- Chronological Reader: I always read a book beginning to end and much prefer to read a series in order

- Compulsive Book Buyer (I read a lot and whenever there is an opportunity I'll usually go into a book shop or browse online)

- Book Rescuer (I sometimes buy books at the charity shop or second hand shop)

- Omnireader (sometimes, when there's nothing else, I will read the back of a product box or a manual)

- Easily Influenced Reader (I listen to what a lot of people like)

- All-The-Timer (I'm normally in the middle a book and tend to read often, if I can)

- Cross-Under (I sometimes read Young-Adult or children's books, as an adult)

- "It's Complicated" Reader (I like lots of different genres and books)

- Professional Reader (not so much anymore but I was one for university, when I was studying)

Pretty much totally in the genus 'Book Cherisher' but therein a bit of mongrel, with strong elements of The OCD Reader, The Book Preserver, The Hoarder and Compulsive Buyer (if not quite as frequently as stated!). Somewhere in my genetic history, there must have been some sort of common ancestry with Situational readers, as tend to Travelling Reader and Sleep Bedtime Reader habits as well!

Edited by willoyd