Doctor Who 2014 - Peter Capaldi

Raven

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Our Sky box crashed while it was recording this on Christmas Day (perhaps it was trying to warn me!!!), so we didn't watch it until last night. I gave up on the series earlier in the year, but you can't not watch the Christmas Special … although now I wish I hadn't bothered.  Meh.

It wasn't anything special, it was very predictable, right from the first time the Doctor mentions they induce dreams, I guessed every twist in advance.

Also gave two nice messages for children on Christmas day: 1. Santa isn't real and 2. your dreams can kill you.  :blush2:

But the real let down was the fact that Clara is going to be in yet another series  :banghead:

I was then absolutely gutted when it caused him to start questioning the existence of Santa Claus.

I must admit, I did wonder how that would play with kids whilst I was watching it.  The last series was pretty dark in places, I'm guessing Steven Moffat deliberately kept the same tone for the Christmas special but was then undone by the schedulers who put the episode on at a significantly earlier time . . .

But the real let down was the fact that Clara is going to be in yet another series  :banghead:

I like Clara.  Jenna Coleman has done an excellent job this year.  She has been one of the few things about the series I can definitely praise, but the focus needs to move back to the Doctor and the show needs to be less soapy (though, paradoxically, I wouldn't be unhappy to see Danny Pink again as Samuel Anderson has been very good as well).

I thought the Christmas Special was okay. I'm in a weird camp anyway because I immediately went back and watched The Time Of The Doctor, both Matt's last episode and his last Christmas Special, cried my eyes out and reaffirmed my love for all things Eleven (except most of the writing in his second two series).

I have really enjoyed Capaldi - I like the change in tone to the show, I cannot STAND Clara and feel her presence knocks Capaldi off centre a bit (he could shine more with a more complementary companion), and honestly I thought it was the strongest season (in terms of writing) since Matt Smith's first season. But it was never exceptional. And the Christmas Special wasn't either. I did think it had a fabulous quote though - "So you're a dream who is trying to save us?" - "My dear, I think you just defined me." I thought that was fabulous. As was the ending.

Yeah I dunno. I enjoyed it, more as a regular episode than a Christmas one, but I did enjoy it. I have no overwhelming complaints about anything from the whole season.

• 4 weeks later...

Ah! Haven't seen the Christmas special yet I realize now, way late hehe. But that's because it's not shown here on telly, and though I can watch it without subtitles I prefer to do so with, because it takes me half the episode to get used to the accents so I miss a lot. My english is great, british accents make it a bit harder to understand though. But yay, more Who to watch!

Peter Capaldi.. I like him ok enough, he'll never beat Matt Smith as my fav Doc but maybe it's nice to have a bit more seriousness instead of silliness. Although I didn't like a lot of the episodes, some were just boring. Am rewatching the series atm, have just gotten to where Clara shows up so soon I'll be watching the Capaldi episodes for the second time. Then I can judge em better.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

A girl makes company.

Well, Doctor Who is only part of my life . . . I do have friends you know, and I do get out . . . So I haven't met the right girl yet, but who knows? I might me...

Oh, that's not what you meant. 

Never mind. 

Carry on. 

Nothing to see here . . .

*walks away whistling*

Well, Doctor Who is only part of my life . . . I do have friends you know, and I do get out . . . So I haven't met the right girl yet, but who knows? I might me...

Oh, that's not what you meant. 

Never mind. 

Carry on. 

Nothing to see here . . .

*walks away whistling*

:D  :D  :D