Win a Hodderscape Book Bundle! [Closed]

Michelle

Recently we’ve made some tweaks and changes to the forum. Considering the popularity of social media, we’ve shifted the emphasis onto personal reading logs, social reads and general book discussions. The ‘library shelves’ are still there, if you want to discuss a particular author, book or genre, but the heart of our community are readers chatting about their reading.

The lovely people at Hodderscape have kindly agreed to help us relaunch the forum with a fantastic competition. The Hodderscape team are on facebook and twitter, and they also love talking about books!

So, what so we have on offer?

Red Rising by Pierce Brown

redrising.jpg

The Earth is dying. Darrow is a Red, a miner in the interior of Mars. His mission is to extract enough precious elements to one day tame the surface of the planet and allow humans to live on it. The Reds are humanity’s last hope.
Or so it appears, until the day Darrow discovers it’s all al lie. That Mars has been habitable – and inhabited – for generations, by a class of people calling themselves the Golds. A class of people who look down on Darrow and his fellows as slave labour, to be exploited and worked to death without a second thought.
Until the day that Darrow, with the help of a mysterious group of rebels, disguises himself as a Gold and infiltrates their command school, intent on taking down his oppressors from the inside. But the command school is a battlefield – and Darrow isn’t the only student with an agenda.

TimeBomb by Scott K Andrews (proof copy)

timebomb.jpg

New York City, 2141: Yojana Patel throws herself off a skyscraper, but never hits the ground.
Cornwall, 1640: Gentle young Dora Predennick, newly come to Sweetclover Hall to work, discovers a badly-burnt woman at the bottom of a flight of stairs. When she reaches out to comfort the dying woman, she’s flung through time.
On a rainy night in present-day Cornwall, seventeen-year-old Kaz Cecka sneaks into the long-abandoned Sweetclover Hall, in search of a dry place to sleep. Instead he finds a frightened housemaid who believes Charles I is king and an angry girl who claims to come from the future.
Thrust into the centre of a war that spans millennia, Dora, Kaz and Jana must learn to harness powers they barely understand to escape not only villainous Lord Sweetclover but the forces of a fanatical army… all the while staying one step ahead of a mysterious woman known only as Quil

Smiler’s Fair by Rebecca Levene

smilersfair.jpg

Smiler’s Fair: the great moving carnival where any pleasure can be had, if you’re willing to pay the price. They say all paths cross at Smiler’s Fair. They say it’ll change your life. For five people, Smiler’s Fair will change everything.
In a land where unimaginable horror lurks in the shadows, where the very sun and moon are at war, five people – Nethmi, the orphaned daughter of a murdered nobleman, who in desperation commits an act that will haunt her forever. Dae Hyo, the skilled warrior, who discovers that a lifetime of bravery cannot make up for a single mistake. Eric, who follows his heart only to find that love exacts a terrible price. Marvan, the master swordsman, who takes more pleasure from killing than he should. And Krish, the humble goatherd, with a destiny he hardly understands and can never accept – will discover just how much Smiler’s Fair changes everything.

A Love Like Blood by Marcus Sedgewick

aloveliewinter.jpg

If life has taught me one thing, it is this: that the worst monsters are entirely human.
It began in a hole in the ground, in Paris, in the days after the liberation. What I saw there I saw only for the time it takes a match to burn down, and yet it decided the rest of my life.
I tried to forget it at first, to ignore it, but I could not. It came back to me; he came back to me. He hurt people I loved… And so I took the first step on a journey from which there would be no return; a path that led me to fear, to hatred and to revenge – but, above all else, to blood.

Rooms by Lauren Oliver

rooms.jpg

A compulsive and powerful ghost story narrated by two spirits who inhabit the walls of an old house. It’s a tale of family, ghosts, secrets, and mystery, in which the lives of the living and the dead intersect in shocking, surprising, and moving ways.

Yes, that’s FIVE books – as well as a Hodderscape Dodo Keyring! All for one person! :)

All you need to do is take a look at the books, and tell me, as a reply in this thread, which one you would choose to read first. Alternatively, if you've already read and enjoyed any of them, let me know why, or leave your review.

This is for our existing members as well as new, but as always, if you're a Supporter, you'll get a double entry.

It’s UK only I’m afraid, as the publishers are sending out direct. (I’m trying to arrange something for the rest of you, so stay tuned!) Closing date is midnight 30th August 2014.

When you’re done, make sure you visit Hodderscape:

Twitter: @hodderscape
Facebook: www.facebook.com/hodderscape

I would like to read 'Red Rising' by Pierce Brown because I recently read about him on buzzfeed and I would also like to read 'Rooms' by Lauren Oliver because I enjoyed the 'Delirium' series. :)

Edited by Weave

All you need to do is take a look at the books, and tell me, as a reply in this thread, which one you would choose to read first. Alternatively, if you've already read and enjoyed any of them, let me know why, or leave your review.

That's all you need to do, post a reply in this thread. :) (Just in case it's not clear, one person will win all five books)