Reading Limbo

Virginia

As if moving isn't stressful enough, I can't settle to read for any real stretch of time. When I was packing my beloved books away for the move my hands touched my old friends and all I could think of was "when will I be able to sit in my favorite spot and read again?" Looks like mid September. Ugh. I have at least three books out and my nook and kindle apps but its the books that I CANT see that I yearn to get lost in. Nothing truer than "absence makes the heart grow fonder." And its so silly because its not like my books are sitting in storage somewhere, they are right here with me, boxed up and screaming.

When I told my cousin about all the books I've had to pack (about 2,000) she said that was way to many books. My response was "for a crackhead, is there ever too much crack?" I take my book addiction seriously!

I just cant wait til I can sit and read without feeling guilty because I'm reading when I should be packing.

You can never have too many books! :D

It makes sense what you're saying. I would also miss the books I couldn't see. My books are now in my old room, now my library, but I don't see them on a daily basis like I used to. I know it's not far to go, but I'm not there as often anymore. Since the move, I've felt my reading is a bit all over the place and I feel like I haven't been able to read as much as before. My mind seems to want to keep being productive, cleaning up stuff, sorting stuff etc (could have something to do with my medication as well). But all the really necessary things are done, what remains is mainly to clean up my old stuff in the attic in the main house (requires quite a bit of work) and to continue cataloguing our video games, films and TV shows, music and books. I'm trying to tell myself to stop and rest more. I've done a lot during the move and after and I think it'd be better for me to sit down more often and just try to read (so I try to do that).

Once your move is done, I hope you'll have some more time to read (and hopefully that'll be sooner rather than later). Are there any particular books you're looking forward to reading?

Good luck with the move, I hope you can soon sit down and read some.. I find it's not nice to be too long without reading much. :friends0:

Aw!  You can never have too many books- just not enough space lol

Good to see you back around *waves from CA* 

With everything going on here, I'm pretty stalled in my reading.  After my move several years ago, I still have boxes of books in the garage. They are just there, crying out for me!  I don't think I have 2000, but I do have a lot!  The last few times I moved, my friends and family flat out refused to carry anymore books lmao.  

Its my dream to change my garage into a study and fill it with book shelves for them all. I know you'll find a new, comfy spot to read in :readingtwo: , no mater where you are!

Edited by Anna Begins

Good luck with the move.....it's a miserable thing to go through!  I know if we ever move it'll be a nightmare.  We're at just under 8300 books at the moment.  His, Mine and Ours. :D

And don't worry about a bit of a slump in reading....it happens to all of us.  I think I'm just pulling out of one. :)

Sadly, I've had to store my books in the shed. Our floors need to be redone and it doesn't make sense to put them up only to take them back down and do it all over again. Sigh, but I do have about two boxes inside the house to tide me over ;) .