In what physical position do you mostly read?

emelee

In what position do you mostly read?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. In what position do you mostly read?

• Standing up
    • Sitting, slightly leaning backwards
    • Sitting, slightly leaning forwards
    • Lying on the back
    • Lying on the side
    • Lying on the stomach
    • In some super weird position no one gets
    • Lying in the bath
    • Curled up in a cozy chair or sofa
    • Other position

Usually lying on my right hand side on either the bed or the sofa. I can't read leaning on my left side - don't ask me why, it just doesn't feel right. :giggle2:

In the morning when I'm getting ready for work, I'll either read perched on the edge of the sofa (don't want to muck up my work clothes), or sometimes I'll read standing up (usually while I'm blow drying my hair - drier in one hand, other hand free to turn the Kindle pages).

I find reading while lying on the sofa comfortable or sitting in a comfy chair. The bulk of my larger readathons, I've Lain on the bed.

I read differently depending on what I'm reading. If it's something factual I usually sit at my desk chair to read, where I have easy reach of all my post-it's and notepaper! (although actually I don't usually sit normally on the chair, I sit with one foot up on it and rest the book on my knee... I must have lazy arms  :D )

If it's a book I'm reading just for pleasure I mostly read in (or on if it's daytime) bed, propped up with all my pillows (and sometimes a fluffy penguin which, turned sideways, makes a really good head rest). If I've been reading for a long time like this though it starts to make my back hurt, so then I turn onto my side (left because that's the side my light is on).

And if the book is particularly big or heavy I sit cross-legged on the floor with it in front of me..

In the daytime I mostly read sitting on the sofa, either with my feet curled up to the right, or with my feet up on my foot stall.

Usually lying on my right hand side on either the bed or the sofa. I can't read leaning on my left side - don't ask me why, it just doesn't feel right. :giggle2:

This is me in bed!  I can't read on my left side either - only my right!  We're obviously kindred spirits when it comes to reading lying down!  :D

ETA:  As the poll doesn't allow multiple choices I went for lying on my side, as I probably read more at night than in the day. 

Edited by Janet

We have a double recliner, and that is where we can be found, feet up reading. :)

I usually draw up my knees and rest the book on my legs to read, with a pillow in back of the book, do bring it closer to me.  It's funny, my father took a picture of me reading when I first started, at about age 5, in exactly the same position.....some things never change!  :readingtwo: