Catherine Ryan Hyde

Athena

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My ratings on the books by CRH that I have read. My tastes are probably different from you all. :) And, I keep changing the ratings. :)

Don’t Let Me Go…………... 4.5/5

Walk Me Home…………….. 4.5/5

Where We Belong………….4/5

Becoming Chloe………….….4/5

When I Found You………….3.75/5

Take Me With You………….3.5/5

When You Were Older……3.5/5

Edited by muggle not

My ratings on the books by CRH that I have read. My tastes are probably different from you all. :) And, I keep changing the ratings. :)

Where We Belong………….4.5/5

Becoming Chloe………….….4/5

Take Me With You………….3.75/5

When You Were Older……3.75/5

My next CRH read may be:

http://www.amazon.com/Language-Hoofbeats-Catherine-Ryan-Hyde-ebook/dp/B00IUA8IP6/ref=sr_1_4?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1413926352&sr=1-4&keywords=catherine+ryan+hyde

Edited by muggle not

• 2 weeks later...

Instead, I just bought "Electric God" by CRH. :)

Oh I am so jealous!  It will probably be read after When You We Older... it is tied with Second Hand Heart after When You Were Older.  I am loving the way she is telling the story in WYWO.

Edited by Anna Begins

NEW Catherine Ryan Hyde, December 9, 2014, pre-order $4.99

The Language of Hoofbeats

344 pages:

New to a small town, Jackie and Paula envision a quiet life for their kids: a young adopted son and two teenage foster children, including the troubled Star. However, they quickly butt heads with their neighbor, Clementine, who disapproves of their lifestyle and is incensed when Star befriends her spirited horse, Comet. Haunted by past tragedy and unable to properly care for Comet, Clem nevertheless resents the bond Star soon shares with the horse. When Star disappears with Comet, the neighbors are thrown together—far too close together. But as the search for the pair wears on, both families must learn to put aside their animosity and confront the choices they’ve made and the scars they carry. Plumbing the depths of regret and forgiveness, The Language of Hoofbeats explores the strange alchemy that transforms a group of people into a family.

http://www.amazon.com/Language-Hoofbeats-Catherine-Ryan-Hyde-ebook/dp/B00IUA8IP6/ref=sr_1_6?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1415478148&sr=1-6&keywords=catherine+ryan+hyde

Edited by Anna Begins

I will have to check out "The Language of Hoofbeats".

Where We Belong………….4/5

Becoming Chloe………….….4/5

Electric God.......................3.5/5

I wish our library carried CRH's books. :)

Edited by muggle not

Okay, okay. This has to be the best place to ask. I'd never even heard of Catherine Ryan Hyde until I'd read you lovely people talking about her - across multiple threads, may I add. :lol:

Her work does, however, sound intriguing, and I feel like I might get around to her at some point. Question is, where do you folks think I should start? :o

Okay, okay. This has to be the best place to ask. I'd never even heard of Catherine Ryan Hyde until I'd read you lovely people talking about her - across multiple threads, may I add. :lol:

Her work does, however, sound intriguing, and I feel like I might get around to her at some point. Question is, where do you folks think I should start? :o

:giggle2:

Based on some of your mentions of likes and dislikes on the board, I'd start with When I Found You, but I don't think Muggle liked it as much as I did, then again, I didn't care for Walk Me Home as much as he did.  You really can't go wrong, all of them are good that I have read so far (I just wouldn't recommend to begin with, When You Were Older or, as Muggle said, Electric God).

Don't Let Me Go is my favorite of hers to date, check out the synopsis and post when you choose!  :smile: We'd love another convert :D  

:giggle2:

Based on some of your mentions of likes and dislikes on the board, I'd start with When I Found You, but I don't think Muggle liked it as much as I did, then again, I didn't care for Walk Me Home as much as he did.  You really can't go wrong, all of them are good that I have read so far (I just wouldn't recommend to begin with, When You Were Older or, as Muggle said, Electric God).

Don't Let Me Go is my favorite of hers to date, check out the synopsis and post when you choose!  :smile: We'd love another convert :D  

I would agree with Anna Begins that Don't Let Me Go is a good book to start with. Also, IMHO, Where We Belong and Walk Me Home are two more real good books. I would start with Don't Let Me Go and if you like it then go on to another book of CRH.

Sounds like Don't Let Me Go is a solid choice.

Was reading the synopsis and it all sounded reasonably straight forward, until... 'THE PLAN: Grace bursts into Billy’s life with a loud voice and a brave plan to get her mum clean. And it won’t be easy, because they will have to confiscate the one thing her mum holds most dear . . . they will have to kidnap Grace.'

Colour me intrigued. Only £2.99 on Kindle too so can see myself picking this up sooner rather than later. Will report back with how I get on! :yes:

• 4 months later...

I just finished Language of Hoofbeats. It was a good read and I rate it about a 3.75. Some of the book was predictable but the second half had some unpredictable happenings and I shed a tear near the end (one always does in a CRH book :smile: ).

Where We Belong………….4/5

Becoming Chloe………….….4/5

Electric God.......................3.5/5

Language of Hoofbeats .....3.75/5

Edited by muggle not

• 1 month later...

Out June 2nd, 2015: New book from CRH: Worthy

From Amazon: (323 pages)

Virginia finally had the chance to explore a relationship with Aaron when he asked her on a date. She had been waiting, hoping that the widower and his young son, Buddy, would welcome her into their lives. But a terrible tragedy strikes on the night of their first kiss, crushing their hopes for a future together.

Nineteen years later, Virginia is engaged, though she has not forgotten Aaron or Buddy. When her dog goes missing and it comes to light that her fiancé set him loose, a distraught Virginia breaks off the engagement and is alone once again. A shy young man has found the missing pet, and although he’s bonded with the animal, he answers his conscience and returns the dog. Before long,

Virginia and the young man discover a connection from their pasts that will help them let go of painful memories and change their lives forever.

• 3 months later...

Out December 8th, 2015

Ask Him Why- Catherine Ryan Hyde

Ruth and her little brother, Aubrey, are just teenagers when their older brother ships off to Iraq. When Joseph returns, uninjured, only three and a half months later, Ruth is happy he is safe but also deeply worried. How can it be that her courageous big brother has been dishonorably discharged for refusing to go out on duty? Aubrey can’t believe that his hero doesn’t have very good reasons.

Yet as the horrifying details of the incident emerge, Joseph disappears. In their attempts to find him, Ruth and Aubrey discover he has a past far darker than either of them could imagine. But even as they learn more about their brother, important questions remain unanswered—why did he betray his unit, his country, and now his family? Joseph’s refusal to speak ignites a fire in young Aubrey that results in a disastrous, and public, act of rebellion.

The impact of Joseph’s fateful decision one night in Baghdad will echo for years to come, with his siblings caught between their love for him and the media’s engulfing frenzy of judgment. Will their family ever make their way back to each other and find a way to forgive?