Kindle Singles / Short Stories

Amazon.com sells stories called Kindle Singles for $0.99-3.99. Some of these seem quite cheap. Of course they haven't got that many pages. They are sometimes essays on subjects, sometimes short stories. I added a couple to my wishlist yesterday and own a few from earlier times. Does anyone have any good recommendations for these? Just to be clear, I'd like this to be a short story or Kindle Single that's only available on Kindle, as if it's in a larger collection in paperback I'd prefer to get the paperback (though you're welcome to recommend them but please tell me if it's in paperback also). If that makes sense.

I like most genres though obviously I'm more interested in some than in others. You all know me well enough to know what I like, but just in case, I'm interested in for example: fantasy, science-fiction, contemporary fiction, chick-lit, historical fiction (but some periods more than others), information (on subjects such as science, health, psychology, biology, history, languages, cultures and more), biographies of people that interest me, literature (but nothing too complicated), detectives, thrillers, and more. Age wise it can be an adult, young-adult or a children's story. Comic books or graphic novels are also possible but they don't always work well with the screen.

I'm not in a rush or anything (you all know I have plenty to read) but just yesterday I rediscovered the love for my Kindle so I thought it'd be nice to read some more Kindle-only books on it. Thought I'd give this topic a go :shrug:.

As a little note: I'd prefer for the stories / short pieces to not have too many spelling/typing/grammar/formatting errors. There are a lot of self published things on Kindle but some of them have lots of errors and this really annoys me.

• 1 month later...