What's up in August? - 2014

Athena

http://www.buzzfeed.com/harpercollins/13-things-book-lovers-are-tired-of-hearing-9npd

Number 8 should sound familiar to some people on here  :giggle2:

Gosh, so many of these are SO true lol I love #2- How do you have so much time to read?  Reminds me of my mom, she never has enough time to read...*Skeptical* And I know she thinks I spend a tad too much time reading :giggle2: and should be doing other things.

#11 is a pretty good one too- I hate that question.

Love this :P

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My school text book is still not here.  This is adding to my stress level about this class.  It ships today- Thursday- and probably won't be here til Monday.  That gives me only 2 days with the book before I start school.  I ordered it in mid July.  :Tantrum:

I was out on my driveway yesterday cleaning the grates from the grill when a car stopped on our street and a woman got out and came up the driveway. She wanted to look at up close and talk to me about our Limelight Hydrangeas. She had never seen a Hydrangea with flower heads so large and pretty. The Hydrangea is probably at it’s peak right now. We cut about 4 of the smaller flowers and put in a vase on our screen porch and they are keeping really nice.

Attached photo #1 and #2 shows one of the Hydrangea with the biggest flower heads.

Photo #4 shows the flowers “drooping” due to a rain we had and the flowers got heavy from the rain and were bent down.

Photo #6 shows my depleted J garden.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/harpercollins/13-things-book-lovers-are-tired-of-hearing-9npd

Number 8 should sound familiar to some people on here  :giggle2:

Great find :giggle2:!

My school text book is still not here.  This is adding to my stress level about this class.  It ships today- Thursday- and probably won't be here til Monday.  That gives me only 2 days with the book before I start school.  I ordered it in mid July.  :Tantrum:

Awww that is ridiculous :(

I was out on my driveway yesterday cleaning the grates from the grill when a car stopped on our street and a woman got out and came up the driveway. She wanted to look at up close and talk to me about our Limelight Hydrangeas. She had never seen a Hydrangea with flower heads so large and pretty. The Hydrangea is probably at it’s peak right now. We cut about 4 of the smaller flowers and put in a vase on our screen porch and they are keeping really nice.

Attached photo #1 and #2 shows one of the Hydrangea with the biggest flower heads.

Photo #4 shows the flowers “drooping” due to a rain we had and the flowers got heavy from the rain and were bent down.

They are beautiful :)!

Well I for one am glad that that week is over and it's finally Friday. I think the combination of wedding stress and lack of sleep are a little too much at the moment. It was not a good day at work either, as one of our clients died in hospital last night and it has understandably upset a lot of people, staff and clients alike. She had been a resident in the on site care home since she was 16 years old, an incredible 66 years - the site as a whole has been open for 75 years. The atmosphere there has then been somewhat subdued. 

Tap the middle of the page to call up the tabs at the top of the page, you'll see the Aa symbol, on that drop down you'll see the three color choices......white, sepia, and black. 

I have a Kindle Fire HD 7", Dolby Audio, Dual Band WiFi, 32 GB.

Good Luck. :)

Thanks so much for this!  I am reading in sepia right now and really liking it.  Not so harsh on the eyes and I like the color of the type a lot!  I haven't used that option since I changed my font size.

Edited by Anna Begins

They really are looking beautiful Muggle. Still looks like you've got plenty of tomatoes coming on in your garden :)

Well I for one am glad that that week is over and it's finally Friday. I think the combination of wedding stress and lack of sleep are a little too much at the moment. It was not a good day at work either, as one of our clients died in hospital last night and it has understandably upset a lot of people, staff and clients alike. She had been a resident in the on site care home since she was 16 years old, an incredible 66 years - the site as a whole has been open for 75 years. The atmosphere there has then been somewhat subdued.

Awww I'm so sorry to hear that, my condoleances :(.

I don't mind admitting that I was really upset by this and shed a few tears. She was a real character who will be missed by everyone and was the first person there (apart from my 2 bosses) whom I told about our wedding.

On a happier note though, Coran and I are going to have a look at the venue for the blessing this morning - to check the layout for the guests seating, make sure our home made CD works in the stereo system, measure the door frames and so on. After that we are going for lunch in Sainsbury's up the road and to get the weekly shop. I got some beautiful freshly picked corn cobs from work yesterday, so need something to go with them. Tomorrow of course, all the roads will be shut for the Ride London - the weather men say they are expecting flash floods and high winds - I have ordered them just in time for Boris Johnson's arrival on the hill ! :smile:  

Edited by Talisman

I went to see an Andrew Duhon gig last night and he was brilliant. It's probably the best live gig I've been to. If you don't know who he is, look him up on YouTube, he is well worth a listen.

Edited by karen.d

On a happier note though, Coran and I are going to have a look at the venue for the blessing this morning - to check the layout for the guests seating, make sure our home made CD works in the stereo system, measure the door frames and so on. After that we are going for lunch in Sainsbury's up the road and to get the weekly shop. I got some beautiful freshly picked corn cobs from work yesterday, so need something to go with them. Tomorrow of course, all the roads will be shut for the Ride London - the weather men say they are expecting flash floods and high winds - I have ordered them just in time for Boris Johnson's arrival on the hill ! :smile:

Sounds good :)

I went to see an Andrew Duhon gig last night and he was brilliant. It's probably the best live gig I've been to. If you don't know who he is, look him up on YouTube, he is well worth a listen.

I'm glad you had fun :).

Things are going allright here. I feel my stress and palpitations are a bit less compared to a few days ago. I'm mostly trying to keep busy and distract myself. I'm doing a lot of household chores today (in the Netherlands the power is cheaper in the weekends and during the night so we do most of our laundry in the weekend). I've also reread a couple of manga books. I'm also being busy cataloguing our video games (we have a lot between the two of us). After that it's the movies and TV shows (we also have a lot). It'll all take some time but I'm enjoying going through my boyfriend's stuff and seeing what he's got :P.

Things are going allright here. I feel my stress and palpitations are a bit less compared to a few days ago. I'm mostly trying to keep busy and distract myself. I'm doing a lot of household chores today (in the Netherlands the power is cheaper in the weekends and during the night so we do most of our laundry in the weekend). I've also reread a couple of manga books. I'm also being busy cataloguing our video games (we have a lot between the two of us). After that it's the movies and TV shows (we also have a lot). It'll all take some time but I'm enjoying going through my boyfriend's stuff and seeing what he's got :P.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all that would've made you super tired before this medication, right?  Maybe it is working! *fingers crossed*

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all that would've made you super tired before this medication, right?  Maybe it is working! *fingers crossed*

That's very true :)! I'm sure it is working, I'm just not yet where I'd like to be (for example it sometimes stops working before it's time for me to take the next one (3.5 hours in between) so I'm thinking the time needs to be adjusted to maybe 3 hours. I have an appointment with the nurse at the end of the month and another phone call with my psychiatrist before then. (we can continue this in my thread like you suggested)

Today it's Sunday and we'll be doing some cleaning. Other than that we started to make a puzzle together last night (a physical one with many pieces) so I hope to do some more of that later today.

Edited by Athena

realwriting.jpg

Well, I FINALLY got my school text book, but it's strange.  It's about 700 loose leaf pages in a cover with a spine and holes for a BINDER or FOLDER to put through the holes.  What a dumb idea.  If you don't use something, all the pages fall out (I had about 20 fall out when I opened it with glee)  I guess the idea is, you can carry just a few pages, not the whole book.  Grrrr.  So I'm off to the store tomorrow to find a solution (need highlighters and post-it's too). 

We also have an "open house" for my daughter's Kindergarten on Tuesday night.  3 days left to go and we'll both be students!

That sounds very awkward! I hope you can find a solution (though it is handy you don't have to haul the big book around all the time).

Have fun at the Kindergarten "open day", I hope you have fun :). Good luck to you both with the studying/school!

That sounds very awkward! I hope you can find a solution (though it is handy you don't have to haul the big book around all the time).

Have fun at the Kindergarten "open day", I hope you have fun :). Good luck to you both with the studying/school!

I guess it's handy if you don't want to carry the whole book.  But I don't want to carry a bunch of random pages to school 3 times a week!  I also just read on the inside, they have little online quizzes that go with the chapters!  That sounds so exciting!

Also super excited to do the "open day", it's like, the really first big parent thing I get to do!  I cant wait to make her her lunch.

Edited by Anna Begins

I guess it's handy if you don't want to carry the whole book.  But I don't want to carry a bunch of random pages to school 3 times a week!  I also just read on the inside, they have little online quizzes that go with the chapters!  That sounds so exciting!

Also super excited to do the "open day", it's like, the really first big parent thing I get to do!  I cant wait to make her her lunch.

The quizzes sound very nice :). I hope the open day is a lot of fun, it sounds great :). Good luck with your courses too!

I always get way too excited when there are online quizzes you can do with chapters  :D

Have a great time at the open day! 

---

I'm stuck inside for the next two days - running injury which has made my right ankle very painful (I'm on a running ban for at least a week). I have a long weekend so...I'll just put my feet up and read! 

I always get way too excited when there are online quizzes you can do with chapters  :D

Have a great time at the open day! 

---

I'm stuck inside for the next two days - running injury which has made my right ankle very painful (I'm on a running ban for at least a week). I have a long weekend so...I'll just put my feet up and read! 

Thanks!  I'm getting sorta nervous about the class so any excitement on my part is looked upon as an excellent thing lol

And oh my goodness about your ankle!  At least the bright side is more reading!  Hope you're ok?

I hope your ankle feels better soon :flowers2: and that you can enjoy your reading :).

The road in and out of our village was supposed to be shut at 8am because of the RideLondon cycle event, so Coran and I accordingly set out about 9am to go to the village hall which had been set up as a feed zone and watch it from there. Walking along, we were surprised to find that the road was completely empty with not one cyclist in sight. Along came a Prudential van which stopped and told us that the Box Hill part of the event had been cancelled due to the weather. Apparently Surrey County Council were notified of this at 6am - the road wasn't due to be closed until 8am, so why then did they bother, they might as well have just kept it open? The barriers are all still in place, and since the organisers do not appear to have a clue what is happening (the words p*** and brewery spring to mind), irate residents are taking things into their own hands and moving the barriers themselves - I can't say I blame them ! No one seems to know either whether the elite cyclists which were due to come through about 4.30-5pm have been cancelled as well, and Coran and I don't want to risk not being able to get home if they close the roads again, so have decided to stay put - this is a pity as they were due to go through Dorking 4 times. Honestly though, what a fiasco. :banghead:

Thanks!  I'm getting sorta nervous about the class so any excitement on my part is looked upon as an excellent thing lol

And oh my goodness about your ankle!  At least the bright side is more reading!  Hope you're ok?

I think there's always that nervousness/excitement before going back to classes; good luck! 

And yes, ankle will hopefully be ok in a few more days - I saw a physiotherapist Thursday and she confirmed it wasn't too serious and I just need a break. I'm going back next week, hopefully by then walking fine!

I hope your ankle feels better soon :flowers2: and that you can enjoy your reading :).

Thank you :) Hope you're having a good Sunday!

Thanks so much for this!  I am reading in sepia right now and really liking it.  Not so harsh on the eyes and I like the color of the type a lot!  I haven't used that option since I changed my font size.

Glad it's helping. :)  I used the sepia for quite a while, but found the black even sharper, finally.

Glad it's helping. :)  I used the sepia for quite a while, but found the black even sharper, finally.

I always used the black-on-white but after reading these posts have switched to sepia and like it better. Haven't tried the black yet. :)