Favorite Pie

Memories are soooo short. :)

My favorite pie by far is blackberry with a scoop of ice vanilla ice cream added to it.

I also like apple pie and cherry pie and all others. :)

Edited by muggle not

Are we talking pie as in a cake or pie as in a savoury pie?

I've never really thought about it.. there are so many nice ones! We don't eat savoury pie that often (it's not a Dutch thing) but when we do it's usually nice. I like it the best with some nice vegetables in it (ie. mushrooms, union, peppers/paprika, tomatos) and with bacon bits (beef is second). Sweet wise.. the shop in the city makes a lovely stroopwafelvlaai which I really like (it's Dutch..). I also quite like chocolatecake with the icing we use. A friend of our family always makes us cake for our birthday, then I always ask her to make slagroomtaart (whipped cream cake) because I like that one the best of hers.

Three? Only three? Oh the cruelty of having to choose!  :o

Apple and blackberry has got to be at the top, so long as they are Bramley apples which in my utterly humble opinion makes the best apple filling.

Savoury wise, I would go for a chicken, ham and leek combination.

For my third, it's cherry pie.

I rarely have cherry pie as husband isn't too fond of it. He also chooses custard over any other accompaniment, whereas I definitely prefer a scoop of vanilla for all my sweet pie choices. :smile:

Darn it muggle not, I'm going to have to make pie now! My waistline does not thank you! :giggle2:  

Three? Only three? Oh the cruelty of having to choose!  :o

Apple and blackberry has got to be at the top, so long as they are Bramley apples which in my utterly humble opinion makes the best apple filling.

Savoury wise, I would go for a chicken, ham and leek combination.

For my third, it's cherry pie.

I rarely have cherry pie as husband isn't too fond of it. He also chooses custard over any other accompaniment, whereas I definitely prefer a scoop of vanilla for all my sweet pie choices. :smile:

Darn it muggle not, I'm going to have to make pie now! My waistline does not thank you! :giggle2:

Forget the waistline. You bake the pie, either blackberry, apple, or cherry and I will bring vanilla ice cream. It has been too long since I had blackberry pie.

Mmm pie!

Savoury I could not go past a chicken and camembert pie, salmon pie, or spanakopita (Greek spinach pie). Blackberry and ricotta, rhubarb, and French silk are my favourites when it comes to sweet pies.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I make fruit pies a couple times a week - always have one in the refrigerator, always have whipping cream too. Now in the fridge is blackberry, strawberry, blueberry, and apple as a mix. Not bad, the strawberry comes through very well.

Main pie - blackberry, because I grow them.

Next - something with blackberry

Micemeat/apple

anything fruit, mixed or strait

coconut, lemon meringue, chocolate meringue,

I have gotten out of the savory pie habit but back at my parents fish pie is a main staple.