Be gentle with me...

Calexa

Where to begin? Introductions are a little intimidating to write; I always feel a little naked...

Hello is a good place to start. So, hello! *waves*

My name is, Jones (of the feminine variety). Yes, my name really is Jones--named after a character in the novel Nineteen Eighty-Four. I'm a 24 year old caffeine-dependent terrestrial, self professed nerd, and a somewhat quirky critter.  I don't claim to be interesting. I don't even claim to be funny. But I am a lover of satirical humour, rapier wit, and the whimsical. I'm an avid writer (who isn't an inspiring writer?), a dedicated cinephile, and voracious reader with an eclectic taste in literature; fiction, non-fiction, classics, science fiction, thrillers, fantasy etc. I also love raindrops on roses, and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles, and warm woolen mittens...and chocolate is my favourite food group.

I'm still exploring *points to her Indy-style fedora and bullwhip*...still rifling through the forum's metaphorical drawers...still settling in...so please be gentle with me (!). I have found so many gems of literary discussions, book recommendations, and whatnot during my forum forays, and I find myself very much looking forward to getting to know everyone, and becoming an active and contributing member of this forum.

If you wish to know more about me please feel free to ask, or the alternative...you can speculate, contrive, fantasize and embellish at your own will.

:smile:

:welcomeboard:

I've seen you lurking about and enjoy your posts.  Stick around- we aren't scary!  The board can be a bit daunting at first though with so many categories and threads (I just go to Read New Content).  I love your name and it's meaning!  Thanks for the introduction!

Welcome Jones :smile:

It's okay, I'm pretty sure there are no snakes around here . . .  :unsure::hide:

*stands on chair* Are you sure?! >.>

Thank you for the welcome, Karsa Orlong.

Welcome to the site, Jones!

Nice to make your acquaintance, and thank you, ian.

Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

The welcome is much appreciated, frankie, thank you.

:welcomeboard:

I've seen you lurking about and enjoy your posts.  Stick around- we aren't scary!  The board can be a bit daunting at first though with so many categories and threads (I just go to Read New Content).  I love your name and it's meaning!  Thanks for the introduction!

I seem to have crossed your path more than anyone else thus far, Anna lol. I've enjoyed exploring...reading a myriad of opinions, and general banter. I think I'll make myself at home here (as long as there are no snakes!). I do thank you for the warm welcome.

I do love my name having an unusual origin, However, I'm not sure I would call my child 'Jones', especially a female child. ;)

Greetings Jones

Hello, itsmeagain, thanks for the welcome.

Hi Jones, welcome to the forum! :welcome2:

It is nice to be here, chesilbeach, thank you.

Thank you everyone for extending a warm welcome. :smile:

Welcome here! I recently bought 1984 so it's nice to know where your name comes from :). What are some of your favourite books or authors? I think you'll fit right in here :). The forum can be daunting at first but take your time and soon you'll know where to find what and know who is who. Are you writing a book or a story at the moment?

Welcome Calexa! First of all I find it awesome that you are named  after a character in a book...and you write too!  

Hello, vodkafan, thanks for stopping by and welcoming me. A character that comes to a depressing end lol. Attempt to write!

Welcome here! I recently bought 1984 so it's nice to know where your name comes from :). What are some of your favourite books or authors? I think you'll fit right in here :). The forum can be daunting at first but take your time and soon you'll know where to find what and know who is who. Are you writing a book or a story at the moment?

Athena I appreciate you taking the time to welcome me here. I believe my mother was reading 1984 whilst she was pregnant with me, and chose the name 'Jones' for her child regardless of whether it was a boy or girl. My favourite book amongst favourites is Rainer Maria Rilke's Letters To A Young Poet. Patricia Cornwell, Albert Camus, J.R.R Tolkien, Bill Bryson, George Martin, Jane Austen...the list goes on! I'll read pretty much anything as long as it isn't what I term as a 'splenda' book/story.

I'm trying to read through the forum as much as I can to make it a little less daunting. I do find myself comfortable here already.

I'm constantly writing short stories (I have a huge folder of them), however, my main WIP is a book.

Hi Jones. Hope you are having fun so far.....cheers...itsmeagain

Hello, itsmeagain. No wait! Itsyouagain...I mean me...umm you...err me, itsmeagain. I do love your SN. :D I am having fun...a little more exploring and then I shall be ready to jump in with both feet!

That is true!  Hopefully, a good thing :smile:

It is a good thing, Anna. You're a delight to read. :)

Athena I appreciate you taking the time to welcome me here. I believe my mother was reading 1984 whilst she was pregnant with me, and chose the name 'Jones' for her child regardless of whether it was a boy or girl. My favourite book amongst favourites is Rainer Maria Rilke's Letters To A Young Poet. Patricia Cornwell, Albert Camus, J.R.R Tolkien, Bill Bryson, George Martin, Jane Austen...the list goes on! I'll read pretty much anything as long as it isn't what I term as a 'splenda' book/story.

That's very interesting. I also love the A Song of Ice and Fire series. I have some Jane Austen books on my TBR, as well as some by J. R. R. Tolkien. I liked The Hobbit. I've read some Patricia Cornwell books when I was a teenager and liked them at the time. I don't remember a whole lot from them nowadays, I believe they are in a box up the attic but they might still be in my room :giggle2:.

That's very interesting. I also love the A Song of Ice and Fire series. I have some Jane Austen books on my TBR, as well as some by J. R. R. Tolkien. I liked The Hobbit. I've read some Patricia Cornwell books when I was a teenager and liked them at the time. I don't remember a whole lot from them nowadays, I believe they are in a box up the attic but they might still be in my room :giggle2:.

I must own that I had only read the first book of the A Song of Ice and Fire series until I started watching A Game of Thrones TV series then I couldn't complete the books fast enough. I find I am less enamored with Patricia Cornwells' latest works, particularly her Scarpetta series. Loved the earlier books, but found my affection for the character wane as the series moved on.

Welcome to the forum Jones! :D

Signor Finizione, thank you for welcoming me to the forum. :)