Hi, I'm new!

Elizabeth32

Welcome here :)! What kind of books do you like to read?

Hi everyone, thanks for all the welcomes :) 

Hi Athena, I've recently developed an addiction to any historical fiction related to Henry VIII! After reading Hilary Mantels "Wolf Hall" and "Bring up the bodies", plus a few of Phillipa Gregorys novels, I'm hooked I'm afraid!! Apart from that, I love the classics and will give anything else a try. I'm currently reading "The Goldfinch" because it gets such brilliant reviews and it's living up to them so far :) 

Hi Athena, I've recently developed an addiction to any historical fiction related to Henry VIII! After reading Hilary Mantels "Wolf Hall" and "Bring up the bodies", plus a few of Phillipa Gregorys novels, I'm hooked I'm afraid!! Apart from that, I love the classics and will give anything else a try. I'm currently reading "The Goldfinch" because it gets such brilliant reviews and it's living up to them so far :)

Ahhh, take a look at the September Reading Circle Nominations thread in that case!  Some great ideas there. 

I loved the Mantel books as well. :)  And The Goldfinch. 

I have to admit, I haven't yet read a book about Henry VIII. I only know bits about him (being from the Netherlands my schools didn't teach me about him, my boyfriend's family has told me about him, though). I do have Wolf Hall on my TBR (to-be-read). Lots of people here love the Hilary Mantel books, a lot of them have also read The Goldfinch. I hope you enjoy your time here :)!

Welcome!

Yes, definitely check out Septembers reading circle nominations, Wolf Hall is one of the sugestions.  Have you read any Alison Weir?

Edited by Anna Begins

• 3 weeks later...