RIP James Garner

chesilbeach

So sad to read of the death of James Garner at the age of 86. I loved the films he made with Doris Day - Move Over, Darling and The Thrill Of It All, and remember watching The Rockford Files when I was younger, and still enjoy watching a couple of his later films, Maverick and The Notebook. In fact, I think I might look out one of his films to watch this evening.

He was a very good actor and one of my favorites. Garner was good in both TV and movies. May he RIP.

As Chrissy states, the impression is that he was a good man in life. He was well liked by many.

I was sad to hear about this.  I used to enjoy The Rockford Files a lot, and I loved him in the Support Your Local Sheriff/Gunfighter movies.  But my favourite will always be Hendley, The Scrounger, in The Great Escape and his friendship with Blythe, The Forger.  Marvellous.

R.I.P. James

Loved him in The Great Escape. :smile:

The Great Escape was a "great' film. James Garner and Steve McQueen were both excellent in the film.

James Garner was married to the same wife for about 58 years, says a lot about him. another great, Paul Newman, also had a long marriage to his wife....50 years.

'I don’t know a lady who isn’t a little bit in love with him'--Julie Andrews on James Garner.

An easy to like actor with an under-stated acting style that delivered the goods superlatively time and time again; Bret Maverick, Hendley, Nichols, Jim Rockford, Jim Doyle, or Duke...to name a few...James Garner was a delight to watch.

R.I.P Mr Garner, and thank you for the celluloid memories. :)