Funnies: what are your favorites?

emelee

What are your favorites among humour books such as jokes, quotes, mishaps, cartoon collections, funny information books, lists, funny pictures etc etc etc --- basically anything that is listed on the non-fiction humor section.

I love Henrik Lange´s "...for people in a hurry" books. (Most of them are in Swedish, but some have been translated). He does comic strips to summarize books for instance. One book per page. Often only 4 squares. He's published a number of these, summarizing classics, films etc

They are often brilliant and if you haven't read or seen a book or film, you just might get inspired to after reading the comic!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3293026-90-classic-books-for-people-in-a-hurry

moby.jpg  99-movies-for-people-in-a-hurry_inside-7 99-classic-movies-forest-gump.jpg

• 6 months later...

My favourite comedian by far is the late great George Carlin. I have his Brain Droppings and Napalm and Silly Putty. I love his irreverent and mostly accurate take on things. He isn't funny by being funny but by being ruthlessly clear-sighted.