Rant: earbuds for phone/mp3

vodkafan

It's the 21st century so why can't they manage to design some earbuds that actually FIT and STAY in human ears? It's not like ears changed suddenly they are they the ones we have always had.  :banghead:

Rant mode off

I have small ears and have this problem of trying to find earphones that fit. I just buy earphones that fit over your ear rather than go into them to get past this problem. And I'm not a fan of headphones either, or those would be a good option.

I haven't used the ones that come with the iPod since the first week or two I had it - went straight out and bought some in-ear ones and not had any problems since.

^ I've done the same - the ones I've got come with three different size covers for the bud so you can get the one that's the best fit, although the left one is still prone to escaping occasionally! :D

I bought some like this Claire with the three different sizes so you can get a snug fit inside your ear ....but they still fall out! And the hard type are simply useless no matter what shape .  

I bought some like this Claire with the three different sizes so you can get a snug fit inside your ear ....but they still fall out! And the hard type are simply useless no matter what shape .  

Guess I'm lucky in that my ear canals seem okay with them.  My friend had a similar problem to yours and he started using these instead and he rates them very highly.  Might be worth a look :shrug:

I didn't like the hard ones that came with the iPod, and I used to use them with my first iPod, but got fed up with replacing them because the wiring would come loose in one or the other buds, or near to the socket.  The one's I've bought have been much more reliable, but like I said, the left one does still tend to pop out occasionally.

Edited by chesilbeach

I just buy earphones that fit over your ear rather than go into them to get past this problem. And I'm not a fan of headphones either, or those would be a good option.

This is me.  I just bought a wrap around the ear pair of Skull Candy ones last night for the (planed) music and movies on my Fire.  They sound amazing and fit well.  The piece that goes over your ear is rubbery so it can conform to the outside of the ear.  I hate headphones and ear buds- I used to work in radio and constantly wore them.

Edited by Anna Begins

I also buy headphones that go over the ear. My best pair has been the cheapest I've bought - JVC, 20 euros. My first pair lasted through 3 years of intense use and a few months ago, I bought a second pair just like it. They don't hurt, they're easy to pack, light and simple. Earbuds always hurt my ears and fall out of them.

Guess I'm lucky in that my ear canals seem okay with them.  My friend had a similar problem to yours and he started using these instead and he rates them very highly.  Might be worth a look :shrug:

Thanks everybody for the feedback. Looks like there are products on the market that will help me, maybe a combination of things. 

I don't like the standard hard headphones/earbuds either, my ears are small so they usually don't fit well and fall out. I bought some noise-cancelling ones that sit in your ear and use the smallest plugs on those, this seems to help (they still fall out sometimes though). I hope you can find some headphones / earbuds that suit you, VF.

I have very small, pixie-ish ears. I can never get ear buds to stay in, not can I get the ones that have over-the-ear-hooky-bits to stay on. I have to use traditional over-the-head earphones. I always go for the small ones we used to get with walkman stereos, because the big heavy ones are way too big for my ears (and my head!) and really hurt to wear.

I have a real problem with earphones. :(

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Dex  I looked at some similar ones today  but ended up buying some cheaper £3 ones from Asda because of temporary budget constraints lol

It's the 21st century so why can't they manage to design some earbuds that actually FIT and STAY in human ears? It's not like ears changed suddenly they are they the ones we have always had.  :banghead:

Rant mode off

I know! This is one of my pet peeves, I've bought numerous pairs of earbuds and NONE of them have stayed in my ears :motz: