Mr. Mercedes - Stephen King

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just finished this and I loved it (my full review on the book blogs page). 

I thought Brady was a very good villain - but it was actually Aunt Charlotte that made me the most angry!  I think this is now going to be a trilogy of books? Cannot wait!

Yep, I've seen the 2nd one mentioned - sometime this year. :)

Being that both my dad and I were able to enjoy this book together, I can't wait!  I suspected a sequel, so I went digging:

From Daily Dead.com (lol)

The second book in the planned trilogy, set to be released sometime next year, will be titled FINDERS KEEPERS, and it will include the characters Hodges, Jerome, and Holly from Mr. Mercedes. Here’s what Stephen King shared with his followers on Twitter:

“MR. MERCEDES is the first novel in a projected trilogy. Hodges, Jerome, and Holly will return in FINDERS KEEPERS next year.”

*Update: Stephen King posted a new message on his website that provides additional information:

“Dear Constant Reader,

Mr. Mercedes is the first volume of a projected trilogy concerning Bill Hodges, his friends…and his enemies. The second volume, Finders Keepers, is finished (in first draft, at least) and will be published in the first half of 2015, perhaps followed by a book of new stories in the fall (or not). Anyway, these three novels seem to revolve around the City Center Massacre that opens Mr. Mercedes. Because of that, I wanted to post a complete list of those killed and injured in Brady Hartsfield’s attack. Some of these unfortunates have other parts to play. As always, I’m glad you’re along for the ride, but be warned: there are some sharp turns ahead, and I’m a really crazy driver.

Stephen King

THE TOLL

Killed

Janice Cray, 25

Patricia Cray, 7 months

Thomas Glidden, 41

Antonio Granato, 47

August Odenkirk, 35

Martha Pendley, 27

Francine Reis, 39

Wayne Welland, 62

Maimed

Keith Frias, 19

Daniel Starr, 28

Martine Stover, 50

Serious Injuries (Transported to John M. Kiner Memorial Hospital)

Nora Anderson, 51

Krista Countryman, 21

Walter Cyrus, 56

Kenneth Gautier, 18

Albert Lippert, 42

Judith Loma, 30

Walter Munson, 14

Todd Paine, 36

Deanna Peabody, 37

Justin Pound, 25

Thomas Saubers, 39

Gerald Stansbury, 60