World Cup 2014 Thread

geordie9

I hope that Germany wins. They deserve it more than Argentina IMO. 

Like Brazil is nothing without Neymar, Argentina is nothing without Messi.
Germany isn't that depended on one player. They are more a real team. 

But as we've seen the whole tournament, any team can have a bad day. I believe Germany can only lose against Argentina if they have a bad day. They are better on all positions except one (Messi), and that is just barely cause Thomas Müller is IMO just as good. 

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No!!!! Have you forgotten 'the hand of God' ??!!?? :D 

No :D   Mind you, I haven't forgotten Italia '90 or Euro '96, either.  Might as well not bother with the final :D

Last Tuesday we saw the Germany/Brazil game at a local restaurant.  The place was pretty empty, what with being in the middle of the work day.  It suited me just fine. :)

That was the very first soccer game I've watched.  Man, oh man!  I couldn't believe my eyes.  I loved it. :jump:     :crazy:  :jump:

The funniest touch was the fact that I wore a pair of black slacks with a black top, and a red linen jacket, with a silver and white necklace.  The funny part of that is that I had no idea what Germany's colors were!!  Complete accident!  :eek:  :b7ydance:  Of course, I was rooting for Germany. :D

That was the very first soccer game I've watched.  Man, oh man!  I couldn't believe my eyes.  I loved it. :jump:     :crazy:  :jump:

That was definitely a good game to start your 'viewership' :D From what I 'know' of the sports, it's not usually as eventful.

The funniest touch was the fact that I wore a pair of black slacks with a black top, and a red linen jacket, with a silver and white necklace.  The funny part of that is that I had no idea what Germany's colors were!!  Complete accident!  :eek:  :b7ydance:  Of course, I was rooting for Germany. :D

Hahaha :lol: I think you were unconsciously channeling the German football mojo!

No :D   Mind you, I haven't forgotten Italia '90 or Euro '96, either.  Might as well not bother with the final :D

Yes but the 'hand of God' :o .. that was blatant :D Germany have played well throughout too so my support goes to them (as I can never manage to be neutral .. even if I begin with the intention I find I've picked a side as they're jogging onto the pitch .. sometimes it's based on hairstyles :blush2:  :D ) 

For the English .. this is probably the worst result :blush2: .. and as such we should have expected it :D

Hope it's a goal fest and doesn't go to penalties!

Yes but the 'hand of God' :o .. that was blatant :D

I found losing on penalties in two semi-finals more upsetting, though :shrug:

Sadly, the Argies have got a lot of players I like these days: Di Maria especially, then Aguero, Higuain, Zabaleta, Mascherano, Lavezzi, and Messi, of course.  They're far from a one man team.  That said, I'm not bothered who wins it now - I wanted Colombia to win it :rolleyes:  Just hope, like you, that it's a good game  :D

What Kay said!!

I also find it impossible to be neutral. Sometimes I like to think I'm neutral, and then get very annoyed/excited (delete as applicable) by a goal!

Germany for me on Sunday also.

Won't bother with 3rd/4th place, find it a totally pointless exercise.

I think the 3rd place play off could be interesting (although I could also be proved wrong). A Dutch team who really don't seem to be up for it against a Brazil side who desperately want to finish their tournament with at least a thin scraping of pride.  Brazil's problem in the semi-final was the way they reacted to going 2-0 down.  They just didn't seem used to it, their heads dropped and they stopped playing.

I'm going to stick my neck out and go for a Brazil win. They have the players (as long as they get the right mental attitude back) and the Netherlands haven't scored a goal in open play since they second round.

Last Tuesday we saw the Germany/Brazil game at a local restaurant.  The place was pretty empty, what with being in the middle of the work day.  It suited me just fine. :)

Didn't you watch Jürgen Klinsmanns USA pontalba?

Germany for me too I think. I think supporting a team who have played well throughout deserve the support. Hubby watching the 3rd place game at the moment....and no way do Brasil deserve to win they are terrible.

Didn't you watch Jürgen Klinsmanns USA pontalba?

:blush2:  I had to google to find out who that was, actually.

No, this was the very first game I'd watched. 

We're going back to the restaurant tomorrow to watch the final game.  Fingers crossed for Germany!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMAAAAAANNNNNYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:party:  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party:   :balloons:

Fantastic goal to win it.  Thought the first half was great, then it became a typically tight affair.  I was disappointed Di Maria and Khedira couldn't play.  The right team won, but the Argies seemed to have the better chances.  Looked like they had nothing left to give in extra time, probably due to having a day's less rest and extra time in the semi, too.  Thought Schweinsteiger was outstanding.  Not sure how Messi got player of the tournament - thought that should have gone to James Rodriguez :smile:

Only four years till the next one :D

Fantastic goal to win it.  Thought the first half was great, then it became a typically tight affair.  I was disappointed Di Maria and Khedira couldn't play.  The right team won, but the Argies seemed to have the better chances.  Looked like they had nothing left to give in extra time, probably due to having a day's less rest and extra time in the semi, too.  Thought Schweinsteiger was outstanding.  Not sure how Messi got player of the tournament - thought that should have gone to James Rodriguez :smile:

Only four years till the next one :D

Messi didn't deserve it, I agree. I think many players were far more important to their teams than Messi was. Seems to me they gave it to Messi as a popularity award. He's an amazing player, but he's not really good in team Argentina.

Edited by emelee