Favorite episodes of tv-series?

emelee

I'll start with some Star Trek . . .

Star Trek: The Devil in the Dark

Old school Trek was part of my childhood, but this episode is one I've only come to really appreciate in the last few years.  So many iconic moments, but Spock's "Jim!  Your life is in danger!" has to come top (with McCoy's "By golly!  I'm beginning to think I could cure a rainy day!" a very close second!)

Star Trek: The Next Generation: The Best of Both Worlds (Episode One)

An obvious choice, but this had the best build up and climax to anything I had seen up to that point (the cliff-hanger still sends a shiver down my spine every time I see it, many years later).  An exceptional piece of television that really raised the bar for what The Next Generation could do.

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: In the Pale Moonlight

It's the height of the Dominion War, the Federation is on its back foot and Captain Sisko needs something to turn the situation around.  How can he get the Romulans into the fight?  An excellent episode that asks how far a good man will go in a time of war. 

I would have to second the Star Trek ~ TNG episode there Raven. Just thinking of that scene shivered my timbers again! :smile:

There will be more, for certain, but my first would be 'Primeval' from Buffy The Vampire Slayer series.

Buffy, Xander, Willow and Giles cast a spell that unites them in Buffy's body to form a fighter with Buffy's physical strength, Willow's magic power, Xander's bravery and Giles's knowledge ~ Manus, Spiritus, Animus and Sophus. Once united they head off to fight Adam, the man made super demon. Some great scenes with wit, poignancy and kick-ass fighting  that captures the show's personality really well.

Sheesh, I have so many I don't even know where to begin :blush2:   :giggle2:  

The Wire: 'The Cost' was the episode that really got me hooked.  The whole of the 4th season is stunning.

The X Files:  'Anasazi', 'Deep Throat', 'Conduit', 'Squeeze', 'Ice', 'The Erlenmeyer Flask', 'Beyond the Sea', 'Duane Barry', 'Die Hand Die Verletz', 'Jose Chung's 'From Outer Space'', 'Drive'

Farscape: 'The Way We Weren't', 'Liars, Guns & Money' parts 1 to 3, 'Die Me, Dichotomy', '... Different Destinations', 'Scratch 'n' Sniff', 'The Hidden Memory', 'Nerve', 'A Human Reaction', 'Crackers Don't Matter', 'Into the Lion's Den' parts 1 & 2

Band of Brothers: 'Bastogne'

Buffy: 'Hush', 'The Zeppo', 'Doppelgangland', 'Becoming' parts 1 & 2, 'Passion', 'Bewitched Bothered & Bewildered', 'Surprise', 'Innocence', 'Earshot', 'Restless', 'The Body', 'Something Blue'

Babylon 5: 'Severed Dreams', 'The Coming of Shadows', 'In the Shadow of Z'ha'dum', 'War Without End' parts 1 & 2, 'Objects at Rest', ' The Fall of Night', 'Sleeping in Light', 'Z'ha'dum', 'Signs and Portents', 'The Long, Twilight Struggle'

Star Trek: 'The City on the Edge of Forever', 'The Naked Time', 'Space Seed', 'The Devil in the Dark', 'The Menagerie' parts 1 & 2, 'Mirror, Mirror', 'The Doomsday Machine', 'Balance of Terror', 'Charlie X', 'Errand of Mercy' 

Star Trek TNG: 'Yesterday's Enterprise', 'Darmok', 'The Inner Light', 'Family', 'The Best of Both Worlds' part 1, 'The Drumhead', 'The Defector', 'The Nth Degree', 'The Wounded'

Firefly: 'Out of Gas', 'Our Mrs Reynolds'

Game of Thrones: 'Baelor', 'The Pointy End', 'The Rains of Castamere'

Seinfeld: The gum (7x10), The English patient (8x17), The limo (3x19)

Mad Men: Nixon vs Kennedy (1x12), The gold violin (2x7), Guy walks into an advertising agency (3x6)

Revenge: Penance (2x7), Revelations (2x9), Pilot (1x1)

Big Bang Theory: The Einstein approximation (3x14), The excelsior acquisition (3x16), The pants alternative (3x18), The pirate solution (3x4)

Soap: 1x3, 1x5, 1x7

Modern family: My funky valentine (1x15), Strangers on a treadmill (2x4), The incident (1x4)

It may not be the "best ever" episode, but IMHO it is undoubtedly the "best last" episode ever of a TV Series.....................

6 Feet Under - The last Episode

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=6+feet+under+episodes&FORM=VIRE7#view=detail&mid=4A894D3DDAD9B632A9254A894D3DDAD9B632A925