21. Patrick Rothfuss > The name of the wind

22. Brett McBean > Buk and Jimmy go west

May

23. Carrie Vaughn > Kitty and the dead man's hand

24. Stephen King > The girl who loved Tom Gordon

25. Jonathan Maberry > Rot & Ruin

26. Heather Anastasiu > Glitch

Edited by lopeanha

Hello Lopeanha, good to 'see' you, I hope all is well with you. :smile: You had a varied reading year so far, did any stand out as particularly good reads?

I have 'Miss Peregrines Home For Peculiar Children', 'The Boy In Striped Pyjamas', 'A Fault In The Stars' and 'The Perks Of Being A Wall Flower' on my rather extensive To Be Read pile (on shelf) and/or list (on my Kindle). I'd love to know what you thought of them.

Hello Lopeanha, good to 'see' you, I hope all is well with you. :smile: You had a varied reading year so far, did any stand out as particularly good reads?

I have 'Miss Peregrines Home For Peculiar Children', 'The Boy In Striped Pyjamas', 'A Fault In The Stars' and 'The Perks Of Being A Wall Flower' on my rather extensive To Be Read pile (on shelf) and/or list (on my Kindle). I'd love to know what you thought of them.

Hi Chrissy, so nice of you to come by. All is well, beside the complete chaos that comes with moving into a new apartement. But my own library/reading room makes up for this. :)

I can highly recommend "Miss peregrines home for peculiar children", I gave it 4 out of 5 stars I believe. It wasn't as scary as I thought it would be though, guessing from those creepy photos in the book. But it was really, really good and I definately want to continue on with the series.

"The boy in the striped pyjamas" left me a bit torn. I found it hard to get through, because the main character was extremely annoying. I almost gave it only 1 out 5 stars but the ending got it up to 2 out of 5. It was quite a powerful ending.

"The fault in our stars" was really good and I would recommend it. Great humor, wonderful love story, great friendships and family. Unfortunately tumblr spoiled the story for me, otherwise it would have been so much better. I gave it 4 out of 5 stars on Goodreads.

I can not understand the hype about "The Perks Of Being A Wall Flower" though. I didn't like it. It was weird. I didn't like the characters and couldn't connect with any of them. Only 2 out of 5.

The best read by far was "The Name of the wind". I totally loved this book and would recommend it highly! It's a fantasy novel, epic/high fantasy with a touch of Harry Potter. I estimated a reading time of two weeks (800 + pages) and actually finished it in six days. It was so good that I could hardly stop reading. Definately 5 out of 5 stars.

Edited by lopeanha

Hi, lopeanha!

Schön, noch eine Deutsche hier zu sehen! :-)

That's a nice reading list for this year!

Hallo LittleW, ich kann mich noch erinnern als du ganz neu hier warst. :) Ich hoffe mal, dass meine Pause hier nun vorbei ist und ich am Ball bleibe. :)

You've had a varied reading year so far, Iopeanha :). I wish you happy reading for the rest of 2014 :readingtwo:.

Thank you Athena :)

I've really been mixing up the genres this year, so far. It kinda keeps me more interested I believe.

I like reading varied genres too, Lopeanha.  It keeps us on our toes. :) 

I have the sequel to the Riggs book, but I'll probably have to reread the first one so I don't get too confused.  :)

I've really been mixing up the genres this year, so far. It kinda keeps me more interested I believe.

x

Like you and Pontalba, I mix up my genres too. I find it's more interesting that way, and it depends on my mood what I feel like reading, too.

I like reading varied genres too, Lopeanha.  It keeps us on our toes. :)

I have the sequel to the Riggs book, but I'll probably have to reread the first one so I don't get too confused.  :)

I really liked Miss Peregrines and I definately want to continue with the series, this book kept me up till late at night because I didn't want to put it down.

x

Like you and Pontalba, I mix up my genres too. I find it's more interesting that way, and it depends on my mood what I feel like reading, too.

It really is a mood thing. Sometimes a book might kill your mojo just because you're not in the mood for this kind of genre.

What did you think of the Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon?  I've only read the Kindle Sample.

Welcome!

I liked it and gave it 3 out of 5 stars on Goodreads. But it wasn't as good as I hoped it would be. A little girl alone in the woods ... with Stephen King as the author I expected more scariness.

I'm happy to see you back, lopeanha!  :friends3: You've done a lot of reading this year, I hope your mojo continues to entertain you throughout the year! :)

Thank you Frankie :friends0: it's good to be back. I sure hope that my mojo stays as good as it is this year so far. The last year hasn't been very good reaading wise and my tbr is getting a bit out of control...

• 2 weeks later...

Hallo LittleW, ich kann mich noch erinnern als du ganz neu hier warst.  :) Ich hoffe mal, dass meine Pause hier nun vorbei ist und ich am Ball bleibe.  :)

Du bist nicht die Einzige, die hier Pausen hat. Schön, dass du dich noch an mich erinnerst.