Your Book Activity - May 2014

I finished The Bookshop that Floated Away today. It was ok, but it felt a bit disjointed at times, and not quite what I'd hoped for, but it was still a good read. Also bought a couple of books on the Kindle daily deal recently, but both were series books I've been waiting to buy as I've already got later books in the series - result! :D

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished Jack Reacher No 14, Bad Luck and Trouble.  Now I'm going to read No 13, because the curiosity of the first person perspective is driving me crazy.  I want to see if Lee Child can pull it off.  I'm sure he can, just don't know how.  11% in.

I'm currently reading George R. R. Martin - A Song of Ice and Fire 5: A Dance with Dragons 1: Dreams and Dust and am quite enjoying it. I've also bought quite a lot of books lately and have 12 reviews to post as well.

I've got exams in just under two weeks, so I'm not having much free time. I'm still managing to get some reading done, though. I finished Dark Tower 2: The Drawing of the Three a couple of days ago, and now I'm back on Pandora's Star.

I've got exams in just under two weeks, so I'm not having much free time. I'm still managing to get some reading done, though. I finished Dark Tower 2: The Drawing of the Three a couple of days ago, and now I'm back on Pandora's Star.

x

Good luck with your exams! I hope they go well :).

Good luck with your exams Bobbly.  Its this point in the semester when I'm glad my papers are all internal.

Good luck with your exams! I hope they go well :).

Thanks, Bookmonkey and Athena. I'll be so relieved when they are over. :thud:

Good luck with exams, BB.......when will they be over?

Still reading Angle of Repose, kinda went south for a bit, but has picked up nicely again.  About half way through now.

x

I wish you a happy vacation! I hope you can read more soon.

It was great, I met up with an old friend and we ended up adding a day to our trip!

I think I might take up Pillars of the Earth by Ken FollettAnyone read it?

It was great, I met up with an old friend and we ended up adding a day to our trip!

x

It's on my TBR but I haven't read it yet :blush2:. I hope you enjoy it :). I'm glad you had fun with your friend :).

I can't choose a book to start reading!!

x

It's always tough when this happens. I hope you find a nice book you feel like reading, soon!

I'm just over half way through in A Dance with Dragons 1: Dreams and Dust and am quite enjoying it.

Edited by Athena

I did and I loved it!! Wonderful book, I was so involved thet when I finished it I felt the cars and elecrticity were out of place :)

I'm reading Uncle Oswald, Roald Dahl right now and it's really funny. What is more, last night I started The Mists of Avalon, written by M.Z. Bradley.. so far so good.

Good luck with exams, BB.......when will they be over?

This lot are over on the 22nd May, but then I have more in November, and my last exam should be May 2015. I will be so glad when it's over. :thud:

Pillars of the Earth is a wonderful book! I've read it a couple of times, and it is one of my favorites, and I know I will read it again. It should grab you from the first chapter. I really hope you enjoy it. :smile:

Thanks for all feedback on Pillars of the Earth!  I have to admit, I really like it and have now sometimes started two books at once- something I haven't been able to do since I was young. 

Ive decided to start reading A Mammoth Book Of Zombies, 26 stories from authors such as Clive Barker, Edgar Allen Poe, Ramsey Campbell & HP Lovecraft.

That sounds awesome!  *Goes to look on Amazon*

Thanks for all feedback on Pillars of the Earth!  I have to admit, I really like it and have now sometimes started two books at once- something I haven't been able to do since I was young. 

That sounds awesome!  *Goes to look on Amazon*

Haha, it's good so far!

Haha, it's good so far!

I downloaded the Kindle Sample and am just on the Clive story now.  I hope the sample at least includes the whole story!  Interesting that Damnation Game was mentioned in the intro, I didn't know it fit in with the genre.  I haven't read that one yet so...

What is more, last night I started The Mists of Avalon, written by M.Z. Bradley.. so far so good.

x

I'm glad you like it. I've read it in Dutch when I was a teenager and liked it. I plan to re-read it some time (in English) and see how I get on.

x

This lot are over on the 22nd May, but then I have more in November, and my last exam should be May 2015. I will be so glad when it's over. :thud:

x

I can imagine that! Any idea of what you will do when they're all over?

I'm enjoying A Dance with Dragons 1: Dreams and Dust but I'm finding some chapters much more interesting than others. Some seem to just be a bit filler.

I can imagine that! Any idea of what you will do when they're all over?

Relax, I think! :D  I've gotten so used to having  very little free time, that it will be strange to not be constantly working to a timetable all the time. :smile:

Managed a little more reading of Pandora's Star last night - I'm about 70% through. I think I'll be reading this one for a while. :D