MOOC

Virginia

I was wondering if anyone has attempted any MOOC classes? I was listening to NPR and they were talking about the online classes and I thought it sounded fascinating. I love the idea of online free courses even if I wont get real credits for them.

For those of you have tried them, what was your experience like?

I've taken a half dozen coursera.org courses and enjoyed them all. Arnold Weinstein of Brown University offered a course on literature that was a hundred times better than any literature course I experienced in college. They have been replaying some courses, so it may be available again. You can watch the lectures only, or participate in quizzes and peer reviewed essays, and the discussion boards are really interesting with posters from around the world. And it's free!

Edited by ethan

Thanks Eleonora! I took a look and found some really good reviews. I do wonder how I can find the different universities. I kept coming up with sayor. Id like to find some classes hosted by Oxford, Cambridge, Brown. Maybe I'm just not searching correctly...