Hello all

NiceguyEddie

Hi everybody.

I only spotted the introductions thread this morning.

A bit about me:

I'm 43 & live in Newbury. I'm married and I've got three children ranging from 19 (just going into her 2nd year in teacher training) to 5.

I spent 25 years in the training industry, the last 10 years running my own elearning company, before setting up a small online retail operation in audio books. I've always been a big reader, so my new venture is truly a labour of love. I only started listening to books when my dad began to lose his sight & could no longer read. I still read far more than listen.

My favourite authors are too numerous to list them all, but some are William Boyd, John Irving, John Updike, P. D. James, Ian Rankin, and so on. I mainly read modern fiction, but the odd history, classic or biography.

And... at 43 I've just discovered Terry Pratchett. It's a bit like just discovering The Beatles I feel, but it does mean that I don't have to wait for the next Discworld, as I've got a back catalogue of about 8 million to read!

Steve (not Eddie at all)

Welcome to the board, NiceGuyEddie! I've already read through some of your contributions, and I think you'll fit right in here! Have fun!:lol:

Its the first thing that came into my head. I regret it now. I assumed Andrea would already be taken but I don't suppose it was.

I assumed Steve would be taken, and I use Nice Guy Eddie on another non-book forum I sometimes post on. Besides.. there is one other forum I post on and every other male from 38-45 is called Steve. I guess in 35 years they'll all be called Jack or Harry. :lol:

Usernames can be changed, as long as you agree to pop a note in your sig for a short time, to stop any confusion. :lol:

As a general note, it's always worth trying your chosen username when registering anywhere.. you'll soon be told if it's not available. :lol:

And... at 43 I've just discovered Terry Pratchett. It's a bit like just discovering The Beatles I feel, but it does mean that I don't have to wait for the next Discworld, as I've got a back catalogue of about 8 million to read!

Hiya Steve!

I feel the same way..having just discovered Good Omens this summer;)

Stef