Replying to posts

Kidsmum

Hmm, putting the cursor at the point where you want to split it and pressing return a few times used to work. At the moment I'm finding I have to cut and paste bits - if you've replied using the 'quote' button and then cut and paste a line of the text, it usually appears in a ready-made quote box. :)

Hope that makes sense. :unsure:

If you toggle the BBCode Mode (click the first button on the toolbar, which looks like a light switch), you can copy the code at the beginning of the quote and paste it before the next section you want to reply to. The code will look something like this (when quoting Chrissy's post above):

[*quote name="Chrissy" post="391697" timestamp="1397985588"*]

^ Copy this part (minus the asterisks) and paste it before the next section you want to quote. Make you sure you type [ /quote] (minus the space) at the end of each quoted section, otherwise it won't work.

I hope this helps!

Thanks guys for the help i shall practice it tomorrow  :D

I need to pick up the skill of doing a Frankie too I have often felt that would be really useful. I usually  have to be content to pick out just one bit of a quote to reply to when I wanted to reply to other bits too.

Edited by vodkafan

I need to pick up the skill of doing a Frankie too I have often felt that would be really useful. I usually  have to be content to pick out just one bit of a quote to reply to when I wanted to reply to other bits too.

It is a useful thing to do..... i've still to practice it yet though..... if all else fails i can always ask the kids to help me with it though  :D

Hmm...I've wondered how to do this as well.  What a handy little post.

Well i'm glad im not the only one who didn't know how to do it  :friends3:

I do the same thing Kylie does and it's always worked for me (unless you try and quote too much). I almost always type in BBcode mode :blush2: (including smilies and boldness etc).

Yes it sounds easy enough to do i shall practice it when i've got a bit of time not just popping on & off  :smile:

What a boring and perhaps annoying thing to be remembered of :(:blush:

Not at all! Your posts bring so much pleasure, and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the way you give such thorough responses. It makes the forum feel more like a conversation between friends.

LOVE YOU FRANKIE! :flowers2:

No, why?

I think I should use this thread to try to quote more than one thing at a time, but don't laugh at me if I don't manage.

Ah, it works!

Not at all! Your posts bring so much pleasure, and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the way you give such thorough responses. It makes the forum feel more like a conversation between friends.

LOVE YOU FRANKIE! :flowers2:

:D

Hmm, putting the cursor at the point where you want to split it and pressing return a few times used to work. At the moment I'm finding I have to cut and paste bits - if you've replied using the 'quote' button and then cut and paste a line of the text, it usually appears in a ready-made quote box. :)

Hope that makes sense.  :unsure:

No, that didn't really do the trick  :blush2:

Hope that makes sense. :unsure:

Aha! I did it!!!! So any response would have to be typed using the "code" part & not the normal box, right? Or do I toggle back and forth before posting?

I didn't put the unquote bit at the end. That was the problem. To be clear, I used Kylie's method. I just picked a random post to practice on. I'm so excited because I've been wanting to do this for ages.

Edited by dtrpath27

Oh I'm not unhappy at all, I just always wondered how it was done.  It took me a few tries (hiding my attempts so I didn't litter the board with my ineptitude) but I finally got it!  Actually, now that I've figured it out, I feel quite pleased with myself.  Who knew I was so technologically savvy!   ;)

Eta:  If figuring out how to split a quote is my biggest problem, then I'd say things are going pretty well for me! :D

Edited by dtrpath27

What a boring and perhaps annoying thing to be remembered of :(:blush:

Not boring or annoying........ but very useful  :smile:

Aha! I did it!!!!  

Well done very impressive did you find it easy or was it a bit fiddly?  :smile: