Dreams

Athena

With this new medication I'm on, I remember my dreams a lot better. For the past few months they're mostly about school: primary or secondary school or university (clearly I'm not quite done with the school chapter in my life but am somehow still processing it). Also often I dream about being chased by someone or something and in my dream I try to get away (but they always follow).

Now and then I dream about books, about characters or stories from books I've read or about being in a library or book shop (yes, sometimes I buy or borrow books in my dreams :smile2:). My dreams are sometimes also about the ones I'm close with (my boyfriend, my family, my dogs etc.) (either positive or negative) or about me being in noisy and/or crowded areas. I think I've even dreamt of BCF. My dreams are sometimes weird, but I guess it's like that for everyone.

What kind of things do you dream about when you sleep?

I wish I would dream about books or being in a library, they were good dreams! I have quite a lot of weird dreams. My mom used to say it's because I read too much :giggle2: .  I also have those dreams about being chased sometimes. I had one a couple of weeks ago where I was chased by giant, climbed an enormous set of drawers to hide in the top one and then realised it wouldn't open far enough for me to fit in when I got there. As I said... weird dreams :D

Mostly One Direction with a bit of whipped cream. But sometimes it's Zac Efron or just simply Bieber.

Too. Much. Information.   :D

This thread has made my realise that I haven't remembered a dream I've had for ages. I'm sure I'm having them, but I'm just not retaining them. Not fair!!

This thread has made my realise that I haven't remembered a dream I've had for ages. I'm sure I'm having them, but I'm just not retaining them. Not fair!!

I've heard or read somewhere that if you start actively thinking about what you dreamed about the previous night, you will start to remember your dreams better. I have no idea if this is fact or fiction.

Athena: YOU might think it's ridiculous, but I mostly dream of being in Amsterdam.  It is my favorite place in the world and I just always wish I was there.  But I am on medication that makes me forget my dreams, the Amsterdam ones are just the ones that break through.

Edited by Anna Begins

Mostly One Direction with a bit of whipped cream. But sometimes it's Zac Efron or just simply Bieber.

lol  loved the censor icon.

Edited by Anna Begins

x

:lol:

x

x

Wow, I've always been able to remember some dreams though much more since this medication. I didn't know there were also people who don't remember their dreams. At least you don't remember the bad ones either. Maybe it's true what Frankie says, you could try that?

Edited by Athena

I dreamt that I was visiting the Blue Lagoon in Iceland last night (somewhere where I will be going in June and have been many times) - I was completely naked and everyone kept laughing at me - so I went and bought a new swimsuit today with holds my tummy in ! :giggle2:

I have very vivid dreams, some fun and some not so.. Once I dreamt I had woken up and there was someone in the room (a non friendly someone), I was terrified but then woke up for real.. that was horrid, I had to put lots of lights on and woke my son up! :D

Lately I've been having what I call reminder dreams, I dream that I have forgotten to do something, I then wake up and it's something I need to do in the next day or so, hence a very sharp and unforgettable reminder to get it done! :)

Both my sons talk in their sleep and I wonder if it has anything to do with what they are dreaming about.. Sometimes my daughter and I sit and listen to youngest son as he can be hilarious! :D

My dreams are very vivid too, like Chaliepud's.. but mine are not so funny. I've always had nightmeres since I was a child, and some are really terrifing. I used to be really scared when I was younger, I even had some period of my life in which I refuse to go to sleep. But then I started to take inspiration in those bad oniric experiences: I started writing horror short stories inspired from my dreams :)

It works.. but lately insomnia doesn't live much room for dreams :(

Never had a nightmere as scary as the one hinted by Raven though :D :D

I have the weirdest dreams. Like boiling a square-shaped baby on the stove.

Last night I dreamt that I was with mom at a restaurant, and suddenly it filled with smoke and the fire alarm went off. But there was no fire. Instead, there was a prison break on the other side of the street (i did not recognize the restaurant, nor is there a prison where there were one in the dream in reality). Lots of armed thugs were freed by a group of armed military arriving by helicopter. So I ran for it. Found dad on the way and I screamed for my parents to hurry up. They didn't take it as serious. Came to our parked car and there was a dead woman inside of it. I got lost from my parents and continued on my own when I got pulled in to a bakery where we hid from the massacre. All criminals were shooting everyone they could see. After hiding under a table at the bakery, I decided to run for it. Found my parents and the dead woman in our car was now lifted out of it, and we drove away from the city. But traffic was chaos, and someone was chasing after us. Dad refused to drive faster, and wanted to follow all traffic rules. I was so angry. But finally we got home and I was so scared that I hid at home for hours. Then I read the news that over 1000 people were killed in the city. And woke up. 

• 2 weeks later...

When I was a kid I had a recurring dream taking place in an office setting.  Finally, after school, I worked full time in an office, and one day the dream was replicated....just walking down a certain hall, with certain wallpaper, etc....it was the same.  I knew it, and felt it, immediately at the time.

Never had the dream again. :)

I still have at least one occasional recurring dream.  A house, sheer, white billowing curtains.....just walking through.  But I know, in the dream, it's home.