What character society would you join?

emelee

If there were societies for every fictional character out there, what society or societies would you want to join?

Some societies I would want to join include;

The konstabel Els society (Tom Sharpe; Riotous assembly)

The Hamlet society (Hamlet)

The Poirot society (Agathe Christie)

The Piglet society (Winnie the Pooh)

The Mr Darcy society (Jane Austen, Pride & Prejudice)

The Candide society (Voltaire)

The Matilda society (Roald Dahl)

The Seacrow island society (Astrid Lindgren story)

The Lisbeth Salander society (Stieg Larrsons The girl with the dragon tattoo triology)

The Evert Bäckström society (Leif GW Persson novels)

The Rudolf Andersson society (The embarrassing dad in Andersson/Jacobsson kids books)

The Nabokovian Society

The Banvillian Society

The Marcus Tullius Cicero Society

Oh, and lest I forget! 

The Original Series Star Trek Society

:readingtwo:  :D

Edited by pontalba

The Old Spies Society, Berlin Chapter. (LeCarré) Meets in the tunnel under the Wall. /shivers/

Ooops. Properly speaking, that would be The George Smiley Society.

Edited by Paul

I'd join the Narnian Society, but only if our clubhouse/room was accessed through a wardrobe. ;)

Also:

The Stu Redman Society of Regular Guys (The Stand by Stephen King)

The Logan McRae Society of Jaded Scottish Coppers (Logan McRae series by Stuart MacBride)

The Jack Parlabane Society of Cynical Investigative Jounalists (Parlabane series by Christopher Brookmyre)

The Macro and Cato Society of Embittered Legionaries (Romans/Cato series by Simon Scarrow)

The Laura INgalls Society of Pioneering Women (Little House series by Laura Ingalls Wilder)

The Katniss Everdeen Society of Survivalists (Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins)

The Society of Otherworldly Women (Women of the Otherworld series by Kelley Armstrong)

The Jeeves Society of Wry Witticisms (Jeeves and Wooster series by P. G. Wodehouse)

Those are just a few off the top of my head, but not only would I be a member, I'd be the founder of the lot of them! ;)

I'd join the Narnian Society, but only if our clubhouse/room was accessed through a wardrobe. ;)

The Laura INgalls Society of Pioneering Women (Little House series by Laura Ingalls Wilder)

Those are just a few off the top of my head, but not only would I be a member, I'd be the founder of the lot of them! ;)

I think that's a reasonable request  with the wardrobe.  

I'll second the formation of a Laura Ingalls Wilder society under the stipulation that all members must dress in costume.

Oo, I'd also join the Rhett Butler society. Frankly my dear, I don't give a f-ing shite! :) Ok, that was not in the movie or book, but that was the message he wanted to put out there. ;)

Well said.  :giggle2:

Edited by dtrpath27

Oo, I'd also join the Rhett Butler society. Frankly my dear, I don't give a f-ing shite! :) Ok, that was not in the movie or book, but that was the message he wanted to put out there. ;)

That sounds like a fun Society to join.

The Rebus Society for a similar reason.