Fatherland. Wow! But what next?

Hi, I was never interested in books until my mid twenties when I forced myself to read Dan Browns Da Vinci Code which I loved. I read a couple more of his books and then had a bit of a reading lul. Now im back in full swing and have read most of Dan Browns creations, a little history of the world which is a beautiful book although one I felt I should have read whilst at school, plus a few others which have passed the time but obviously been forgettable (as they don't come to mind as I type this!).

I was recommended by a nice member of staff at my local waterstones to try Fatherland by Robert Harris. Now im stuck! I loved it and literally read it within 2 days. Now I wish I could go back to a time before reading it and read it again. I loved everything about it. The writing style, the characters, the idea, the suspense. Everything.

I have since read most of Robert Harris' other books and although I have enjoyed them they have not compared to Fatherland.

Ive since tried something a little different in Strangers on a train. Very different and didnt enjoy it at all.

Im looking for something which will give me the same level of satisfaction as Robert Harris' Fatherland basically and wondered whether anyone could recommend anything?

Thank you

• 1 month later...

Hi Tellso, welcome to the forum! Don't feel shy, write a bit about yourself on the introductions page that way you will soon find members that like exactly the same type of books you do.

With respect, there are so many authors and genres you haven't read yet it is hard to recommend something. But Gist hit on a good one there. The Millenium Trilogy is top notch . Each book is different, it's not a formula. And the characters are brilliant.