Elizabeth George

On 6/13/2023 at 8:58 AM, itsmeagain said:

Anyone read a Banquet of consequences? Definitely one of Elizabeth's best books. Good action, keeping me guessing, great descriptive skills by our author, who knows such a great deal about English life in modern times. 

I've read it a few times and it is definitely one of her best! And the ending was NOT what I was expecting!

• Thanks 1

On 6/16/2023 at 3:52 PM, Virginia said:

I've read it a few times and it is definitely one of her best! And the ending was NOT what I was expecting!

Am a teeny bit confused about certain aspects of the ending. The role played by a particular individual, am unclear about. Am probably a bit dumb... 😅

• Haha 1

On 6/18/2023 at 3:00 PM, itsmeagain said:

Am a teeny bit confused about certain aspects of the ending. The role played by a particular individual, am unclear about. Am probably a bit dumb... 😅

Not dumb at all! I didn't catch it til my second reading. Read the last chapter again and look for the conversation between the therapist son and his estranged wife. 

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Careless in Red, just battled my way through and it is extremely poor in my book.

What oh what has happened to  Tommy..??.

Who, oh who, are these libido obsessed older , alcohol dependent, lecherous women..?

Where's  Babs..?

Who killed the boy..?

Nah 

Poor poor stuff.

Edited by itsmeagain