Elizabeth George

I'm addicted to Elizabeth George. I can't put the books down once I've started and I've watched just about every Inspector Lynley Mystery movie on netflix and dvd. I don't know what it is but I love settling down and getting lost all over England!

Anyone else a fan?

• Thanks 1

I've only read the one book by her, which I enjoyed (which begs the question why I didn't go out for more?). I thought it was a testament to her good writing and research that I didn't realise till I googled her afterwards that she isn't English.

Absolutely love her writing style. She is an American,very surprising to find that out as she describes English life so well. Her way of describing Barbara Havers and her ways, Elizabeth's use of colloquialisms etc, are really good. Isn't Hadiyyah sweet? And I only picture Havers as she is in the DVDs, not dumpy as she is in book. Lynley,to me,has dark hair,as in film, but in book he is blond.

It really floored me when I found that she was an American. Who'd-a-thunk-it?! I always feel as though I'm right there with Lynley and Havers because her writing really draws me in and I find that I have to shake myself back to reality when I come to the last page. Hydiyyah is adorable. I was hoping that she would get together with Hadiyyah's dad, but they are both unbending and total opposites in so many ways.

I DID, at first, but I think she's all too aware that they are strictly oil and water. They will be the best of coworkers and friends but lovers? Ugh, I can't fathom it, lol! He's too stiff, she's too...Havers. Sadly, I think she'll end up with a cat and her memories as a DS. I don't know that George could actually develop a character to suit her particular charms!

I have two books by Elizabeth George on my TBR, they are Inspector Lynley 5: For The Sake Of Elena and Inspector Lynley 9: Deception On His Mind. I bought them in a charity shop, not knowing they were part of a series. Hopefully I should be able to still read them though.

Absolutely love her writing style. She is an American,very surprising to find that out as she describes English life so well. Her way of describing Barbara Havers and her ways, Elizabeth's use of colloquialisms etc, are really good. Isn't Hadiyyah sweet? And I only picture Havers as she is in the DVDs, not dumpy as she is in book. Lynley,to me,has dark hair,as in film, but in book he is blond.

I also can't picture them as they are in the books. Their movie characters are far too fitting for that.

But why on earth couldn't they find actors who look like in the books?

Little W, you start one on your end and I'll start one on mine ;) and we'll get this thing going!

It is really amazing how the victims are often characters that seem to have generated so much hate. I mean, who has the ENERGY to have 3/4 of the people you know ready to do you in?