Your Book Activity - March 2014

Kylie

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did download a dozen book samples, though, so hopefully I'll find something else to read.  

lol that sounds like me.  I call it "shopping" lol  The 100 Year Old Man Who... cant wait to see how it turns out!  I'm in love with Allen already.

Edited by Anna Begins

Recommended by a few posters here, I just finished The Rosie Project.  Will review later, but have to say, I loved it. :D

x

I'm glad to hear that :)! I plan to read it very soon. It's great quite a few of us are reading the same book (if not at the exact same time).

Finished Sisterland this morning, sad to say it disappointed me. I quite enjoyed the first 75%, then a storyline was introduced that didn't fit with the rest of the book. By the end it was like I had read two different books in one, with no satisfying conclusion for either.

Finished Doctor Sleep. To be honest although i enjoyed it i was expecting a lot more. One of the main things i love about Kings books are his characters & how he makes you feel like they are real but i just didnt get that from the characters in this book. Still cant wait for his next book though!!

Couldn't sleep last night, so I started reading Russian Winter by Daphne Kalotay.  I only got a quarter of the way through, but I'm really enjoying it so far.  Such beautiful prose!   I'm going to curl up with it again tonight; hopefully, I'll love it just as much in the morning.

80% done with The 100 Year Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared.  It's so good!  I was just reelecting that the last few books I've read have been really good.

Edited by Anna Begins

Finished Cockroaches by Jo Nesbo and really enjoyed it.  I hope my library is going to get more of this series, as so far I think they have 3.

I'm so glad you found a series you like.  Hopefully you'll be able to get the ones you need.  If not, will you be able to request the others from other branches or do inter-library loan?

80% done with The 199 Year Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared.  It's so good!  I was just reelecting that the last few books I've read have been really good.

I'm so glad you're enjoying that book; I found it to be so clever!  Don't you just love it when you get on a good-book streak?

Finished Sisterland this morning, sad to say it disappointed me. I quite enjoyed the first 75%, then a storyline was introduced that didn't fit with the rest of the book. By the end it was like I had read two different books in one, with no satisfying conclusion for either.

x

That's not nice at all :(. I hope your next read will be better.

x

Finished Doctor Sleep. To be honest although i enjoyed it i was expecting a lot more. One of the main things i love about Kings books are his characters & how he makes you feel like they are real but i just didnt get that from the characters in this book. Still cant wait for his next book though!!

x

I'm sorry to read you didn't enjoy it as much as you were expecting.

x

80% done with The 199 Year Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared. It's so good! I was just reelecting that the last few books I've read have been really good.

x

That's great :)!

x

Finished Cockroaches by Jo Nesbo and really enjoyed it. I hope my library is going to get more of this series, as so far I think they have 3.

x

I have a few of him on the TBR, I'm glad you enjoyed this one :).

x

Don't you just love it when you get on a good-book streak?

x

Yes :)!

I started to read Orson Scott Card - Ender's Saga 1: Ender's Game which is good and interesting so far. I'm about half way through and look forward to read what's going to happen. I do feel that Ender seems to be written as older than he is in the story (at least for the first half of the book, that I've read).

I started to read Orson Scott Card - Ender's Saga 1: Ender's Game which is good and interesting so far. I'm about half way through and look forward to read what's going to happen. I do feel that Ender seems to be written as older than he is in the story (at least for the first half of the book, that I've read).

I really enjoyed this, but I had the same problem with the character seeming to be much older than he actually was (it doesn't really get any better).

Finished Paperboy by Christopher Fowler .. really enjoyed it. Started The Darling Buds of May by H.E. Bates ... had misgivings as I wasn't really a fan of the TV programme .. only watched a couple but it wasn't my thing but enjoying the book so far .. it's all about food .. how hard can that be to read about? :D .. it does make one a bit peckish though :blush2: Still reading The Golem and the Djinni ... it's very good indeed.