Your Book Activity - March 2014

Kylie

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started A Cry In The Night by Tom Grieves yesterday-modern day crime with witches-and bought Red Rising by Pierce Brown-sci-fi-and The Wreckage by Michael Crummey-Newfoundland social story.

I've started to read and am just over half way through in Robert Jordan and Teresa Patterson - The World of Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time. It's quite good so far and I'm getting lots of good memories of the series as I'm reading the book and learning more about the world.

I think I'm wrung out after two Faulkner's in a row, don't know what is next.  Whatever falls off the closest stack, I suppose. :)

Close your eyes, spin around a few times and point.  There's your next book :)

just finished reading a decent football book full of facts, Who Invented The Stepover And Other Crucial Football Conundrums. And nearly finished Bentley Littles The Return.

29% read of The Art of Racing in the Rain  :smile:

! :wub: How are you liking it? I hope you love it! :blush: An amazing read.

I'm also loving all the Rosie Project posts on this thread :D I'm happy that so many are giving this great book a go!

I can only seem to get into re-reading at the moment, so I've been re-reading Adrian Mole diaries (those of his 30s, which I've only read once before). I only have a few dozen pages of The Weapons of Mass Destruction left, I have no idea what I could possibly read next. :unsure:

Finished The Mammoth Hunters By Jean M Auel.  A hefty 720 pages.  I was thinking about reading the next book, but it's 850 pages!  I'm not ready for another 800 pages.  I'm not sure what's next.

At the moment i'm 100 pages into Child 44 by Tom Rob Smith, not sure wether i like it yet but as it's rated as one of the top 100 thrillers of all time i have high hopes for it  :smile:

Finished The Big Sleep by Chandler last night, really 3 this morning, and started Blood Work by Michael Connelly.  It's not in his Bosch series, and it's really good.  I'm about 38% through it.

Read the sample to The Plains of Passage by Jean M Auel.  Even the sample was long!  I'm not sure I'm up to such a long book right now so I'm going for a nice 500 pg Jack Reacher book, 10th in the series.  I've read all 10 and they never disappoint!  I will take up Plains of Passage after Reacher though.

Edited by Anna Begins

I was going to start On The Beach last night, but wasn't in the mood for anything heavy, so I started Missing Gretyl by Si Page instead. It was raved about a little while ago on the Guardian book blog, with so many people recommending it. It's not my cup of tea at all really, but I will stick it out as it's only a fairly short read. :sarcastic:

.....so I started Missing Gretyl by Si Page instead. It was raved about a little while ago on the Guardian book blog, with so many people recommending it. It's not my cup of tea at all really, but I will stick it out as it's only a fairly short read.... :sarcastic:

Actually, scrap that....I gave up on it last night. Life's to short to stick with rubbish books. :D

I started Flowertown by SG Redling. Pretty decent so far. :readingtwo:

Just finished 'The Invention of Wings' by Sue Monk Kidd and reading 'The Good Father' by Diane Chamberlain.

x

I hope you enjoy it :)!

I'm reading Sonja Kimpen - Sterker dan Stress: Weet wat je Wilt en Haal Meer uit je Leven which is quite interesting so far and has made me rethink some things. I've also started to read Peter V. Brett - The Demon Cycle 3: The Daylight War, which is good so far but I've only read the prologue :giggle2:. I liked books one and two in the series though so I have high hopes for this one :).

x

I love that book :)!

It's really good isn't it!  :smile:

! :wub: How are you liking it? I hope you love it! :blush: An amazing read.

I love it too! A very philosophical dog....  :smile:, and I'm half way through the book now.

Bought two ebooks today -

Do No Harm:Stories of Life, Death and Brain Surgery by Henry Marsh - I heard him on BBC Radio 4's Start the Week recently, so I hope the book is good  :smile: .
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

I loved Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children really much. I can't wait to read the second one of the serie, but it's not published in Italy yet.

I read Lauren Weisberger's The Devil wears Prada, but it's not exactly my style. I'm not too sure what to read next, now.