Your Book Activity - March 2014

Kylie

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive finished Stephen Baxter's Proxima & i really enjoyed it, will definitely be reading some more of his books.

x

I'm glad to read you enjoyed it :).

x  

Thanks! I'm sure I will - I don't think I've read a negative review yet!

x

Me neither! :)

I finished Rooftoppers this morning, and it's got the most fantastic ending - could have been sentimental and twee, but written perfectly simply, with a sense of joy.  No wonder it's been shortlisted for a bunch of children's book awards.

Oh goodness it's been awhile since I've posted :blush2: 

Lately I've read The Goldfinch and Dr. Sleep.  Currently I'm ready I Am Half-Sick of Shadows by Alan Bradley and am enjoying it so much, as I always do with Alan Bradley's works.

Half Price Books is having a sale this week so I hope to get over there later today and find some goodies.

Finished Valley of the Horses (Jean M Auel) and decided to continue with The Mammoth Hunters.  At 750 pages, I might start something else in awhile to read with it.

I want to read both 'Perks', and Pigeon English, Alex.  :)

Haven't had much time for reading the last few days, but I'm about halfway through Rooftoppers by Katherine Rundell, and it's aimed at a bit of a younger audience than I was expecting, but it's still a good little read. :)

I nearly bought that a few weeks ago but didn't in the end.  Sounds like I should have.  I'm glad it had a great ending.  I think the paperback version had a fab cover if I'm picturing it correctly.

Only about 70 pages left in The Sound and The Fury.....I'm finally into the rhythm of the prose.  There are bursts of some of the most beautiful prose, that's what has kept me going, really.  I wasn't able to read at all yesterday, except for a few pages late last night.  And, this is not a book that can be read when sleepy. :)

I Finally finished Flowers For Algernon by Daniel Keyes on thursday 20th March. I started Ratking by Michael Dibdin on Friday 21st and have read 40 Pages and the investigation hasn't got underway yet so,  because Dune by Frank Herbert arrived on the 22nd I started that and I am  currently on page 24.

Now starting Pigeon English by Stephen Kelman.

I read this a couple of years ago, and was disappointed considering all the fuss that was made about it when it was released. Hopefully you will enjoy it more than I did.

Reading and loving The Rosie Project at the moment. :D

I'm a little over halfway through On the Beach. It's so good, but so very sad. I can only read about 50 pages at a time.

I know, the inevitability just tears at you.  And wonder how we'd cope.

Well, I finished The Sound and the Fury, review over on my book thread, and I started A Case of Exploding Mangos...can't get into it.  I suppose I'm still in the Gothic South... lol  I may have to go back to Faulkner. :D

After not having much time to read in while, I managed to get some decent reading time in and I finished 'The Moment' by Douglas Kennedy. This is a very good book.

Now I'm about to start 'Never Let Me Go' by Kazuo Ishiguro.

Finished Valley of the Horses (Jean M Auel) and decided to continue with The Mammoth Hunters.  At 750 pages, I might start something else in awhile to read with it.

x

I hope you enjoy it :).

Just finished The Perks of being a Wallflower. Not sure why I have put it off for so long - I absolutely loved it.

x

I'm glad you loved it! I liked it a lot when I read it. 

x

x

Woohoo :exc:!

x

Bought The Rosie Project from Sainsbury's eBooks for £3.29 :smile2:

x

I hope you enjoy it :)!

I'm a little over halfway through On the Beach. It's so good, but so very sad. I can only read about 50 pages at a time.

x

I know, the inevitability just tears at you.  And wonder how we'd cope.

x

I fully agree with both of you. I finished the book yesterday and will be posting a review in a bit. It was a very powerful book. My copy had some errors in it though and is a bit tattered so that made it harder to read it.

I read this a couple of years ago, and was disappointed considering all the fuss that was made about it when it was released. Hopefully you will enjoy it more than I did.

I'm finding it a bit difficult to get into so far - I'm about 100 pages in.

I think I'm going to have to get my hands on The Rosie Project after all the positive chat on here!