Your Book Activity - March 2014

Kylie

I'm about 80% through Life After Life. My mind keeps wandering while I'm reading it, and by the time I realise, I have to back-track to see what I missed. :thud:

That was the part I had trouble with while reading the sample.  It was just to...unconnected.  Anyway, I didn't buy it- I don't even think I finished the kindle sample.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished Game of Thrones, was so into it by the end that I am tempted to start the next, but also want to read a few others on my TBR pile so am thinking of starting The Rosie Project.

I'm about 80% through Life After Life. My mind keeps wandering while I'm reading it, and by the time I realise, I have to back-track to see what I missed. :thud:

Whoops! Life After Life was my favourite read last year so I hope it gets easier for you.

Finished Game of Thrones, was so into it by the end that I am tempted to start the next, but also want to read a few others on my TBR pile so am thinking of starting The Rosie Project.

Whoops! Life After Life was my favourite read last year so I hope it gets easier for you.

I'm about 70% of the way through The Rosie Project.  I'm absolutely loving it so far.  It's not at all l what I expected - in a good way!

I've started The Sound and the Fury, determined to get through Benjy's section this time! 

I read it a few weeks ago and I liked it.. slooooowwww reading, but I found it amazing. Maybe it's just me because I read a lot of negative comment everywhere. Anyway, huge hugs to you, P.!!

I finished Second Foundation - Isaac Asimov today and am going back to Flowers For Algernon - Daniel Keyes.

Finished Dead Famous by Ben Elton, thoroughly enjoyable. March has been decent for me on the reading front, having previously read Game of Thrones. I have now started Carpe Jugulum by Terry Pratchett, my first by this author

You are about to dive into an incredible world.

I am currently reading 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami, which I'm enjoying so far. His writing is very easy to get into, and there's some phrases that I might note down because of his choice of words. Although I've got the entire trilogy as one massive book so look a bit silly carrying such a tome around coffee shops. :P

I'm also currently reading Collected Short Stories by Lydia Davies. I've been thinking about entering a short story competition, so decided to look around a bit to become familiar with the art. Glad I did, I didn't realise you could write about absolutely anything, no matter how mundane until I read Lydia Davies.

I'm also reading The Rise and Fall of Modern Medicine by James Le Fanu, as healthcare is something I'm interested in.

Yeah, I read three books at a time.. :P

Really enjoying The Golem and the Djinni by Helene Wecker and The Crane Wife by Patrick Ness... mentally patting myself on the back for being such an excellent chooser of books (that can't last :D)

I read it a few weeks ago and I liked it.. slooooowwww reading, but I found it amazing. Maybe it's just me because I read a lot of negative comment everywhere. Anyway, huge hugs to you, P.!!

Re The Sound and the Fury...I've gotten past the Benjy section, and am well into Quentin's.  Man, Faulkner's prose is simply gorgeous, and the way he can show the relationships between races, as it was then, is magnificent.  I've lived, here in the South all my life, so far, and know that is the way it was........and still is to a small extent.  Faulkner nailed it.

Meant to add.....many hugs back at you! :friends3:

Just finished The Rosie Project.  I absolutely loved it!  I would absolutely recommend it.

Oh, I'm glad to hear it!  :D

Edited by pontalba

Just put Mr. Owita's Guide to Gardening on hold at the library.  So excited to read it!  Incidentally, it's a Memoir, not a gardening book; luckily I'm also interested in gardening, or else I might have passed it over.   :doh: The sample was great and I can't wait to read more!

I finished The Rosie Project and really enjoyed it. I started to (re)read Nevil Shute - On the Beach for the April Reading Circle. I've read it for my English exam at secondary school but I don't remember much of it. I think I started a new book too soon, I was still thinking of The Rosie Project a lot and had a bit of trouble getting into a new book. Maybe it'll pick up later on though, I don't know. I remember liking the book when I read it as a teenager. I am kind of more in the mood for fantasy but it'll be April soon so I'd better get on it.

I'm having trouble getting into something as well.  I started three different books:  two library books that I didn't like & am taking back and one a Kindle book sample.  I liked the sample a lot but it was more than I wanted to spend for an ebook, and they don't have it at the library yet. :(  I started a fourth one that is straight non-fiction.  I'm enjoying it so far, but we'll see how that goes.  The Rosie Project was so well-done that I'm having a hard time going to another fiction piece!

That was the part I had trouble with while reading the sample.  It was just to...unconnected.  Anyway, I didn't buy it- I don't even think I finished the kindle sample.

I have to say, I found it got worse (the unconnectedness of it) as it went on, and I really struggled with the last section of it.

I think it's safe to say that it won't be on my favourites of the year list. :D

Just finished The Rosie Project.  I absolutely loved it!  I would absolutely recommend it.

I'm just over halfway through The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion and am really enjoying it.

Started The Rosie Project last night. Really enjoying it and racing through.

Ok, I've given in and bought The Rosie Project:boogie:  I'm partway through Extinction Point by Paul Anthony Jones and will make it my next read after that.

I'm having trouble getting into something as well.  I started three different books:  two library books that I didn't like & am taking back and one a Kindle book sample.  I liked the sample a lot but it was more than I wanted to spend for an ebook, and they don't have it at the library yet. :(  I started a fourth one that is straight non-fiction.  I'm enjoying it so far, but we'll see how that goes.  The Rosie Project was so well-done that I'm having a hard time going to another fiction piece!

After a number of 5/5 books I've read this month, I'm kind of out of breath.  I don't know what to get into next!  Just started Valley of the Horses by Jean M Auel, nothing special lol I mean, not a page turner, just a casual read.  I think after Feb and March's (so far) read list, I should take a breather.

Ok, I've given in and bought The Rosie Project:boogie:  I'm partway through Extinction Point by Paul Anthony Jones and will make it my next read after that.

x

I hope you like The Rosie Project :)!

@ Lucybird, I hope you enjoy The Storyteller :).

Ive finished Stephen Baxter's Proxima & i really enjoyed it, will definitely be reading some more of his books. Going to start Graham Mastertons Ghost Music next.