Your Book Activity - March 2014

Kylie

What is your book activity today?

I've been reading On Cats by Doris Lessing, which the lovely Poppyshake gave me. And I've read a few more pages of Rumo & His Miraculous Adventures by Walter Moers.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy reading everyone :)

I just finished reading 'Sisterland' by Curtis Sittenfeld, its my first time reading anything by her (I do have 'American Wife' which I would to eventually read), just about to start 'The Girl With All The Gifts' by M R Carey. :)

I finally finished Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt today.  Had great possibilities, if only it had concentrated on the crime!  Review is over on my book thread.

Not sure what is next.....

I had my first proper impulse buy of the year yesterday when I downloaded A Croft in the Hills by Katherine Stewart on the Kindle Daily Deal. I love reading memoirs of people who've completely changed their lives by either moving to a new country, or out of the city to live a rural life, so this looked right up my street. :)

I just finished reading 'Sisterland' by Curtis Sittenfeld, its my first time reading anything by her (I do have 'American Wife' which I would to eventually read), just about to start 'The Girl With All The Gifts' by M R Carey. :)

I *love* Sittenfeld, but haven't read Sisterland yet - did you enjoy it? American Wife is excellent, as are her other books. Hope you get chance to read it soon Paula. :smile2:

Just finished Cormac McCarthys The Counsellor, didnt realise it was a screenplay when i loaned it. It bored me to death, dont think ill be reading any more screenplays. It hasnt put me off reading any of his books though as ive heard good stuff about some of them.

I had my first proper impulse buy of the year yesterday when I downloaded A Croft in the Hills by Katherine Stewart on the Kindle Daily Deal. I love reading memoirs of people who've completely changed their lives by either moving to a new country, or out of the city to live a rural life, so this looked right up my street. :)

I *love* Sittenfeld, but haven't read Sisterland yet - did you enjoy it? American Wife is excellent, as are her other books. Hope you get chance to read it soon Paula. :smile2:

Happy reading Chesil, I did enjoy 'Sisterland', I was surprised by it, not what I expected and I love when that happens with books. :)

Edited by Weave

I finished Kaffe med musik last night and started reading The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. Okay, I've only read 31 pages but I can already see what the fuss has been about :D

I really enjoyed Night Circus! :)   Glad to hear you like it so far.

I finished Kaffe med musik last night and started reading The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. Okay, I've only read 31 pages but I can already see what the fuss has been about :D

x

I'm glad to hear you like it so far! The book is on my TBR, I should really read it sometime.

I've read a lot yesterday in Jodi Picoult - The Storyteller, I should have the book finished soon. It's a great story, but also a bit sad. I cried.

Finished 'The Help' by Kathryn Stockett on friday and I thought it was a very good book. Now, I have started on 'The Moment' by Douglas Kennedy. I'm only about 2-3 chapters in, but I don't think this is very promising already. :cry: I will continue with it though, just to see how it pans out.

Are you enjoying the book? It makes sense you want to catch up :). It's good the reading is more fun in my opinion :P. Personally I try to write a review just after I've finished a book, if it's in the evening I write the review the next day. Exceptions to this are the read-a-thons, I write the reviews on the Monday after the weekend as to not lose any time reading, I do make notes though during the read-a-thon so I can write a better review after (otherwise I find it's easier to forget things). For me it's the easiest to write a review just after I've finished a book because then I remember it the best (although I have the memory of an elephant.. or used to at least.. but ok). Anyway, good luck catching up :).

I finished The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult and am at a bit of a loss what to read next. I might read a magazine or some non-fiction, since the read-a-thon is coming up next weekend and I don't want to overdo it on reading intruiging fictional epic stories or I might lose my mojo sooner than I'd like. We're not having an internet connection at the moment, no idea what's going on with our provider but we're not the only ones with internet problems. I'm currently using my dad's 3G to type this. He'll be at work though most of the time so when he is I won't have access to the forum or anything else I might want to browse online, so maybe that means there's more time for reading :giggle::readingtwo:.

Finished The Library of Unrequited Love by Sophie Divry, and I really liked it  :smile: .

Must get back to reading The Shadow of the Wind, that poor book keeps getting left aside, for something else so many times :giggle: . 

:(  I'm still waiting for my copy from the library.  Now I know you think is a very good book, I'm more impatient.

I'm sorry that you haven't had the chance to read this. Trust me, it's worth the wait!

Are you enjoying the book? It makes sense you want to catch up :). It's good the reading is more fun in my opinion :P. Personally I try to write a review just after I've finished a book, if it's in the evening I write the review the next day.

I am enjoying it a lot. Much, much better than I was expecting it to be, based on what I thought about it the first time I read it. I think I was probably in my mid-teens when I read it, and so couldn't fully grasp the real horror of it.

On reviews, I have a Word document with notes about all the books I need to review, but it's somehow putting them in review format that I struggle with. :hide:

Borrowed my first book from the Kindle Owner's Lending Library: The Slap by Christos Tsiolkas. I've been meaning to read this for a while (but somehow forgot all about it), so I'm glad to get it for free.

Edited by bobblybear

I am enjoying it a lot. Much, much better than I was expecting it to be, based on what I thought about it the first time I read it. I think I was probably in my mid-teens when I read it, and so couldn't fully grasp the real horror of it.

On reviews, I have a Word document with notes about all the books I need to review, but it's somehow putting them in review format that I struggle with. :hide:

x

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it :). Ah, the Word document sounds neat! Good luck with catching up :), I look forward to reading the reviews.

I finished The Crucifix Killer - Chris Carter

And started

Flowers For Algernon - Daniel Keyes