Kasei's Reading List/Blog 2007

Kasei

I've never done anything like this before, but it looks like fun (and a great way to keep my readings in order) so here I go...starting July 2007, here is my reading list:

Key:

* = recommend

- = I didn't care for the book

All unmarked books mean that I enjoyed the read

Currently Reading:

Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson

Exact Revenge by Tim Green

Sitting on the shelf in Que to be Read:

The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien

The Two Towers by JRR Tolkien

Dracula by Bram Stoker

Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie

Beowulf

Aesop's Fables by Aesop

A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle

Would Like to Read but do not currently have in possession:

Cretaceous sea: A novel of time travel by Will Hubbel

Dinosaur Summer by Greg Bear

Fatalis by Jeff Rovin

Ice Hunt by James Rollins

Raptor by Paul Zindel

Tyrannosaur Canyon by Douglas J. Preston

The Black Gryphon by Mercedes Lackey

Relic by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Childs

The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

The Dream Giver by Bruce Wilkinson

Who Moved My Cheese? by Spencer Johnson

The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership by John C. Maxwell

The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood

Ratha's Creature by Clare Bell

The Golden Cat by Gabrielle King

The Golden Compass/Northern Lights by Phillip Pullman

Tailchaser's Song by Gabrielle King

Name of the Wind by Pat Rothfuss

West of Eden by Harry Harrison

The Land that Time Forgot by Edgar Rice Burroughs

The Lost World by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

The Time-Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger

Return of the King by JRR Tolkien

Have Read:

Raptor Red by Robert T. Bakker

Lion Boy by Zizou Corder

The Birth of the Firebringer by Meredith Anne Pierce

Dark Moon by Meredith Anne Pierce

The Warriros Series (the first six books) by Erin Hunter

The Theif Lord by Cornelia Funke *

Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones*

The Haunting of Alizabel Cray by Chris Wooding -

Bonita, Sierra, Esperenza, and Spirit by Kathleen Duey

The Wild Road by Gabrielle King

The Warriors Series (the second set of six books) by Erin Hunter

Son of Summer Stars by Meredith Anne Pierce

Tyrannosaur Canyon by Douglas J. Preston

If you like Douglas Preston, you should read the Pendergast series that he writes with Lincoln Child. Pendergast is one of my favorite characters of fiction! Let me know how you like Tyrannosaur Canyon!

If you like Douglas Preston, you should read the Pendergast series that he writes with Lincoln Child. Pendergast is one of my favorite characters of fiction! Let me know how you like Tyrannosaur Canyon!

Alright, will do! I just looked up the series you're talking about and it looks interesting--I'll go ahead and add it to my list. :lol: Sadly, other than Encyclopedia Brown, a Nancy Drew book, and Martyn Pig, my experience with Mystery books is extremely limited; so the suggestion is much appreciated! :lol: I really need to broaden my horizons a bit.

Ugh. It is taking me ages to get through The Wild Road. For some reason I just cannot get into this book. It seems to have picked up the pace a bit in the last few pages, but I'm about 1/4 of the way through the book and still am not getting that need to read that I normally succumb to once I'm this far into a novel. I think I've been trying to get into the story for about a week now...I'm hoping that writing about it here will help me finish it or something. Who knows.

Edit: Now that I think of it maybe the reason that I can't jump into this book the way I normally do is because I've got about 15 other books checked out from the library at the moment, most of them I'm dying to read. So I guess I'm distracting myself. e_e

you seem to love dinosaurs!

Haha, yes, well--I'm really in to animal books but a few weeks ago I ran out of ones that I'd heard good things about. Then, after reading Raptor Red it struck me that I hadn't read a whole lot of Dino novels outside of Jurassic Park...so I went and checked out a bunch of them from the library that had good reviews on Amazon. I can't wait to get started! :thud:

Woo! I finally finished The Wild Road! Yaaaaaay! When I get a bit of time I think I'll try my hand at writing a review. This should prove either interesting or pathetic as I've never written one before, so we'll see.:thud: Anyway, I'm on off to read The Son of Summer Stars by Meredith Anne Pierce! I've had my eye on this book since I picked it up from the library a week ago and I think that it might be partly to blame for my labored reading of The Wild Road. It's the final book in a trilogy that's very difficult to locate these days (been out of print for ages) and I cannot wait to dive into it! Technically I should be reading The Golden Cat now since it's the sequel to The Wild Road, but I don't think I could take much more of that scenery just now.