Hello everyone!

Kasei

Hey there fellow book eaters! As you can see, I'm new and so here I am to introduce myself to the lot of you and to hopefully wiggle my way into this great community. My name is Kasei (pronounced "Casey", only spelled differently) and I live in North East Texas. I'm 19, soon to be 20, and am a Junior at the University of North Texas with an undeclared major, though I'm leaning toward art education. Aside from reading, I love drawing, writing, camping, animals, cooking, sports, video games, sleeping...you know, the usual stuff.

I found this place because I got tired of trying (and failing) to have in-depth book talks with my friends/family/co-workers. After trying to start up good book conversations at the various online forums I frequent, I finally wised up and had the brilliant idea to Google "book club forum" and...well, here I am! I've spent about an hour looking around this place and I must say I can't wait to get involved in the discussions! This forum is everything I've been wanting and more as far as my bibliophilic needs go and I'm really happy to have found you all.:lol:

Hello and :lol: to the forum, Kasei - it's good to have you here! I'm sure you['ll find plenty of good discussions going on here - we just can't shut up about books in this place! :lol: I hope you'll enjoy it here.

Greetings Kasei! :( (What a lovely name, by the way!)

I found this place because I got tired of trying (and failing) to have in-depth book talks with my friends/family/co-workers... This forum is everything I've been wanting and more as far as my bibliophilic needs go and I'm really happy to have found you all.:lol:

Aw, we're really glad you found us! I think quite a few of us ended up here after driving family/friends/colleagues to distraction by trying to Talk Books :lol:

I'm sure you['ll find plenty of good discussions going on here - we just can't shut up about books in this place! :lol: I hope you'll enjoy it here.

Hehe, sounds good--I'm sure I will. :lol: So far I'm having a blast just browsing around (and adding books to my must-read list) and everything looks great!

I think quite a few of us ended up here after driving family/friends/colleagues to distraction by trying to Talk Books

Haha, oh yes. I tried so hard to start up conversations, but sadly most of the people I know hardly read at all and so they would just give me these weird looks. It's even worse at work. I swear not one of those people have picked up a book in years...it's sad really. :(

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! You guys all seem so nice, I'm having a ball so far! I was thinking about this place at work today and couldn't wait to get home to gab it up with the rest of you. :lol:

Hi Kasei - nice to read you :lol:

I know the feeling well - no one around me reads and I am always trying to convert them. I am always delighted when I have a client at work who reads, so we can chat about books.

KxXx

Haha, very cool. I wish I could convert some of the people I work around. I work at a daycare and I can't even get the kids to talk books with me. It amazes me. I mean, when I was a kid I inhaled literature...I miss that kind of free time. In the two years I've worked there I've only seen one kid with a book and that was Pony Pals (I'm assuming it's like babysitter's club only with horses). None of them had even heard of the Warriors series, which I found astounding. e_e

Kasei, I love your name (I love names starting with K) You have found the right place here - I'm sure you'll always find an interesting discussion going on in one of the threads! :lol:

So far I most definitely have! And I love that my list of books I want to read is growing so rapidly thanks to all of the great reviews and book discussions. I wish I could get paid to read; if my pile of books keeps growing at this rate I won't have time for much else!