What are you listening to? - 2014

Athena

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will always remember how I got called a lesbian for listening to Skunk Anansie in junior high :D (Haha, as if I would have been offended by that! It was their hateful attitude that was disturbing...) What I still find incredibly funny is that a year later one of the bullies asked me to lend him my copy of the CD so he could listen to it :lol: Haters gonna hate, until they grow up :)

Edited by frankie

I never really listened to much Skunk Anansie but me and a friend went to see them live about 2 years ago. It was incredible. She just burst onto the stage with so much energy and passion I got swept up. She was top drawer. 

I had a similar experience in high school. I had long hair then and some of the kids in the years below would make fun now and again (nothing really heavy just teasing rather than bullying) but years later I saw a couple of them around town with long hair themselves :) I like to think of myself as a trend setter  :cool:

I never really listened to much Skunk Anansie but me and a friend went to see them live about 2 years ago. It was incredible. She just burst onto the stage with so much energy and passion I got swept up. She was top drawer.

Skunk Anansie is one of the bands that I've never seen and that I've wanted to see play live since I was a teenager. Living in Finland, I've long ago made peace with the fact that not all bands come to Finland, and so unless I travel abroad, I'll never be able to see all my favorite bands. But Skunk Anansie (along with Pearl Jam) is a band that I really, really, really want to see play live before I die :blush: I've heard before that Skin is really energetic on stage and I can only imagine what she was like when you saw her :) (I once had a dream that I was at their concert and I was so close to them I had Skin's spit on me after the concert :D)

I had a similar experience in high school. I had long hair then and some of the kids in the years below would make fun now and again (nothing really heavy just teasing rather than bullying) but years later I saw a couple of them around town with long hair themselves :) I like to think of myself as a trend setter  :cool:

Haha, yes we be the trendsetters :cool: Why'd you chop off the locks, though? :( Long hair on guys is cuuuute :blush:

Listening to my favorite radio show, Heikelä Korporaatio.

It must be difficult when bands don't come and see you. I'm blessed living in the UK in that regard. I'm just 30 min train journey to the second largest city for gigs. 

I really wanted to tell her how great she was afterwards which is unusual for me as I don't really have a desire to talk to musicians or famous people.

I think I've mentioned this before but Pearl Jam are A-MA-ZING live. Seen them 14 times I think. Worth getting out your passport for ;)

I got it cut because I just wanted a change after so many years. I do miss it sometimes and it was high maintenance. People were really jealous of my hair though, it grows quite thick. 

It must be difficult when bands don't come and see you. I'm blessed living in the UK in that regard. I'm just 30 min train journey to the second largest city for gigs.

Yep, you're really lucky and I hope you never ever forget it :P:D I've moved to south recently and I'm really close to Helsinki where all the foreign acts that do come over play their gigs. That's how I was able to go and see Anathema so easily. So I do have it better now than 5 months ago :cool:

I really wanted to tell her how great she was afterwards which is unusual for me as I don't really have a desire to talk to musicians or famous people.

Wow, she really did make an impression on you, didn't she :D

I think I've mentioned this before but Pearl Jam are A-MA-ZING live. Seen them 14 times I think. Worth getting out your passport for ;)

Yep, I remember our talk re: Pearl Jam :) I would definitely travel to see them play live. And Stockholm, Sweden is not even too far away and I've seen that as a tour destination for them. It'll happen some day, I hope! :wub:

I got it cut because I just wanted a change after so many years. I do miss it sometimes and it was high maintenance. People were really jealous of my hair though, it grows quite thick.

I suppose you could still grow it back? :D

@Marie - I love that song. I haven't listened to that version in a few years so thanks for the reminder.

I also love Robert Plant's version just as equally.

Wow - Plant's cover is good  :smile: .

But it's hard to beat the Tim Buckley original..... :smile2:

Edited by Marie H