What are you listening to? - 2014

Athena

I go through phases but a playlist of Thievery Corporation, Esbjorn Svensson Trio and Cinematic Orchestra is the perfect was to chill out after a busy day.

Interesting :) I have to say Thievery Corporation isn't the type of music that's my most favorite cup of tea, but I remember a phase years ago when I listened to it and some other similar bands. I wish I could remember the others, though. 

Boards of Canada! Boards of Canada! :lol:

Edited by frankie

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting :) I have to say Thievery Corporation isn't the type of music that's my most favorite cup of tea, but I remember a phase years ago when I listened to it and some other similar bands. I wish I could remember the others, though. 

Okay, this is not that kind of music but this is something I used to listen to at the same time:

I have a High Contrast album, very good music for the gym.

Boards of Canada! Boards of Canada! :lol:

I was aware of the band by name but never heard their stuff. I'll have to check them out in more depth.

I have a High Contrast album, very good music for the gym.

I was aware of the band by name but never heard their stuff. I'll have to check them out in more depth.

Gym music? Why not! I personally find HC to be great music to dance to :) 

I've heard this song on the radio many, many times, and I didn't initially like it, but it's grown on me. I just googled it and found out it's by Danko Jones, a band I've heard of many times but have never listened to it. Might have to check it out now. 

Born a Lion is a great album by Danko Jones.

I think I will have to check out the band, thanks :D

I don't normally listen to HIM, but this song started playing in my head last night in bed and it took me a while to remember what it was called. Listening to it now.

Edit: Moving on to another Finnish band. I can't believe it's been over 10 years! I still love this album. 

Edited by frankie

Got to say Mark Knopfler is my favourite guitarist ever. His playing is heartbreakingly beautiful. The first time ever I heard Dire Straits, I fell in love with their music and have never grown tired of it.

Edited by poppy

I haven't heard this song in ages! One of the most beautiful songs ever :wub: (And I'm proud to say that the ice dancers in the video are Finnish skaters Susanna Rahkamo and Petri Kokko (and they are married in real life :wub: )). 

Yeah, that's a great one poppshake :D , with just the hint if cheesie-ness about it too  :giggle2:

I don't mind a bit of cheese :D

Heard this on the radio today .. it's always bitter sweet now to hear Kirsty but glad to be reminded of her gorgeous voice.

^ That was the first single I bought with my own money, Kay.  I adore Kirsty and still regularly listen to her brilliant Tropical Brainstorm album, particularly good for singing along to in the car. :smile2:

What brilliant taste you have .. I think mine was a Slade record  :blush2:  :D She is wonderful .. sang on arguably the best Christmas song too .. but that is hotly contested  :D