What are you listening to? - 2014

Athena

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No :D Alan was there too and I should have been :( Was ill and someone went in my place :( I don't know why I'm torturing myself .. *sob*  :D 

Aw :(  well, on the plus side, I'm sure there'll be plenty more chances to see them :smile:

Sea of Love by Phil Phillips

Poppy, I’ll bet you didn’t know that this was a swamp pop song. Ville Platte is in Cajun Country and is recognized as the Swamp Pop capitol of the world. Philips was from nearby lake Charles, LA (LOL, I learned this from the book that I am reading).

http://youtu.be/EroRtEUmZcU

Wow, wonderful performance by Annie Lennox.

Edited by muggle not

Sea of Love by Phil Phillips

Poppy, I’ll bet you didn’t know that this was a swamp pop song. Ville Platte is in Cajun Country and is recognized as the Swamp Pop capitol of the world. Philips was from nearby lake Charles, LA (LOL, I learned this from the book that I am reading).

I've heard of Swamp Rock, Muggles (the likes of CCR, Tony Joe White and JJ Cale .....  love them) but not Swamp Pop :D

Here's another one from the lovely Annie (I've GOT to buy this album!!) Love CCR's version of this too.

Great performance by Annie :)

It's okay honey  :empathy:  The magic word is KATE BUSH! :D

Very true .. clever frankie ..

Aw :(  well, on the plus side, I'm sure there'll be plenty more chances to see them :smile:

Ye-es but I've got the feeling that their best days are behind them  :blush2: 

I've heard of Swamp Rock, Muggles (the likes of CCR, Tony Joe White and JJ Cale .....  love them) but not Swamp Pop :D

Here's another one from the lovely Annie (I've GOT to buy this album!!) Love CCR's version of this too.

What is the title of the Album?

here is a definition of Swamp Pop....it is R&B music, but read on...........http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swamp_pop

What is the title of the Album?

here is a definition of Swamp Pop....it is R&B music, but read on...........http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swamp_pop

That's very interesting Muggles, thanks. Learn something every day :D

The name of the album is Nostalgia and it's just been released. Here's the tracklist .....

01. Memphis in June

02. Georgia on My Mind

03. I Cover the Waterfront

04. Summertime

05. I Put a Spell on You

06. Strange Fruit

07. God Bless the Child

08. September in the Rain

09. You Belong to Me

10. I Can Dream, Can't I

11. The Nearness of You

12. Mood Indigo

As the nights are drawing in, I've been leaning towards my winter playlists (if not quite Christmas songs just yet). Bon Iver's For Emma, Forever Ago falls perfectly into this category for me.

333.jpg

As the nights are drawing in, I've been leaning towards my winter playlists (if not quite Christmas songs just yet). Bon Iver's For Emma, Forever Ago falls perfectly into this category for me.

No, that's right. Christmas songs will be played from tomorrow onwards :giggle2:  :xmassmile: