What are you listening to? - 2014

Athena

Well both actually, favourite band to listen to and see live. I've had the pleasure of seeing them 15 times now. It will be worth the trip believe me. I've travelled to a few places to see them, France, Germany, Ireland and Poland. Happily do so again.

I know how you feel though. I REALLY want to see Tom Waits live before he dies (he's getting on a little and touring isn't a priority for him).

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well both actually, favourite band to listen to and see live. I've had the pleasure of seeing them 15 times now. It will be worth the trip believe me. I've travelled to a few places to see them, France, Germany, Ireland and Poland. Happily do so again.

I know how you feel though. I REALLY want to see Tom Waits live before he dies (he's getting on a little and touring isn't a priority for him).

Oh wow! I'm soooo jealous! :lol: 15 times?? 

I have to confess, I stopped liking them for a while when they released their album Yield. I didn't like it at all at the time :no: But I would always listen to their older albums... Then in 2011 I think, I met a guy at a bar and we talked about music and bands and PJ. And the next day I went on Spotify and listened to some of their new albums I'd never heard of and fell back in love again :wub: I loved their later albums! And ever since then I've been just dying to see them play live! :wub: I believe you, it would definitely be worth the trip. I just think it's a shame they don't come to Finland, now that for at least a decade more and more international bands and artists have been coming here and they've not disliked Finland or anything... :D 

I have to confess, I stopped liking them for a while when they released their album Yield. I didn't like it at all at the time :no:

:o   Yield's one of my favourites, along with Ten, Vs and Vitalogy :D

:o   Yield's one of my favourites, along with Ten, Vs and Vitalogy :D

I don't know... I like Yield just fine now, no problems, but I just didn't like it at the time :blush: I couldn't get into it at all, and goodness knows I try very hard sometimes! So I'm happy and grateful to the stranger at the bar that we got to talking and I started listening to PJ's new stuff :blush::wub:

Edit: And I even looked up the word 'yield' in the dictionary back in the day, because I didn't know what it meant at the time, and it was not there! I took that as just another sign... :giggle2: :giggle2: 

Just like 'asylum' was not in my dictionary (when I was listening to Soul Asylum's Runaway Train. And 'prodigy' was not there, either. Thinking back, what a crappy dictionary :lol: :lol: )

Edited by frankie

Yield is where it all started for me. The last 3 albums have been hit and miss for me but they never fail to bring it live. Vs was my favourite for a long time but now I couldn't pick one or two that stand above the others.

It is a shame they don't go to Finland but they do seem to stick to the 'money centers' these days. I've met a lot of friends through Pearl Jam so travelling to see them is second nature to me now.

Yield is where it all started for me. The last 3 albums have been hit and miss for me but they never fail to bring it live. Vs was my favourite for a long time but now I couldn't pick one or two that stand above the others.

It is a shame they don't go to Finland but they do seem to stick to the 'money centers' these days. I've met a lot of friends through Pearl Jam so travelling to see them is second nature to me now.

It's so funny that Yield was what got you started and for me, it was what ended things for a while :DTen is an absolute classic, though, it's in my top 10 albums for sure. 

Yeah I guess money talks and all that. Sweden isn't that far away, and I like the country and can speak the language (to a certain extent) so it wouldn't be too much of a hassle to travel there... So far it's been a financial issue for me :blush: Well, some day... :wub::) 

This is one of my fave songs but this version somehow brings a big smile to my face which is not my usual reaction to Hotel California  :D The one drawback is that I can't sing along .. or not to much of it :D

Went to see Haken and Leprous co-headline last night at The Garage in London.  They were both great.  These two songs were particularly amazing (although the muppets didn't make an appearance, sadly! :giggle2: ):

Got a neighbour who flies a gyrocopter. He's getting really good at it now, although he crashed a few times to start with (once in our back paddock, nearly giving us all heart attacks and demolishing a fence and his rotors into the bargain) but every time I see him buzzing around up there, I automatically start humming 'You'll never get that damned thing off the ground!' Decided to look up the song today. :D