What are you listening to? - 2014

Athena

What are you listening to in 2014?

I preordered the new Within Temptation album, Hydra, and received it in the post last week. I've been listening to it now and then (can't to do it too often because of tiredness) and am really enjoying some of the songs, in particular tracks 4 and 10, Within Temptation Feat. Tarja - Paradise (What About Us?) and Within Temptation Feat. Dave Pirner - Whole World is Watching.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use Spotify while I'm up here in the loft and afew of the tracks in my current top 20 are Diamonds by Rihanna,Pale Light by Dusted,Far From Any Road

by The Handsome Family which is the theme for the new U.S crime series True Detective,Kenya Dig It & Kingfisher Call Me by The Ruby Suns,Hollow

Talk by Choir Of Young Believers,theme from The Bridge,the Danish/Swedish police series. Also been listening to Suzanne Vega's new album Tales

From The Realm Of The Queen Of Pentacles.That's quite an  album title! Plus sounds of nature for relaxation such as Soft Mountain Stream,Ocean Surf,

and Thurderstorm and Rain.

I almost only use Spotify. On my mobile and on my PC.

Lately, I've been listening a lot to NONONO, Soundtrack of our lives, Florence + the machine, Rebecca & Fiona & Chemical brothers

Edited by emelee

• 2 weeks later...

I've recently discovered Swedish House Mafia, so currently listening to their track Greyhound (the music video to Save the World is adorable as well!).

I've recently discovered Swedish House Mafia, so currently listening to their track Greyhound (the music video to Save the World is adorable as well!).

It's so adorable!! I'd never even heard of the band, and had not heard their songs, and then my friend made me watch the music video and as you know, it's in slow-mo, so I had no idea what was going to happen... And then, bam!! :D It made me rather teary eyed :blush: Great song, too! Have then listened to their other songs, too, good stuff :)

I liked Oasis when I was a teenager, and I even bought their CD (What's the Story) Morning Glory?. I'm not into them anymore, and hardly ever listen to the album. Maybe once in five years. But when I do, it's really nostalgic and I sing along (it's odd how you can remember the lyrics from such a long time ago).

But what I didn't realize until now.... Is that I liked some of their other songs, too, those that aren't on (WtS)MG?. I was just about to listen to the CD on Spotify, then scrolled down, recognized the title 'Supersonic' and realized that bloody hell, there are other familiar nostalgic songs there, on different albums, songs I haven't listened to in at least a decade! :lol: What a trip!

(I just realized I seem to be in the mood for Finnish metal of one sort or another)

Edit: I loved Turmion kätilöt's first album when it came out years and years ago, but I've never had a chance to see them live. I just remembered they will be coming to Ilosaarirock this summer, so good times ahead :cool:

Edited by frankie