Why do you avoid or dislike crime and/or thriller novels?

I wouldn't say that I disliked it but I have read very little, 2 or 3 and only in the last year or two....I could be persuaded to read some more, but the premise/characters  would have to grab me on the blurb..the Dido Kent mysteries or Agatha Christies' I would read anyway, having read a couple already. It's more modern ones that would be a hard sell to me.

Ah just thought of something! One thing I do very much dislike is where an author creates a series of expendable characters  just so they can have a gory ending. For instance I found James Herbert stories followed this formula: you get a one page description of someone at the start of a chapter , a little potted life history then two pages later they are dead in some horrible way.

Writers that copy original and bestselling ideas and do not add anything themselves to the formula.

While Dan Brown is not the greatest writers he does know how to tell an exciting tale, a lot of copycats and very few are as readable.

Ian Fleming & John Le Carre both are benchmarks in the spy genre, very few writers can actually match their writing and their plots.

John Connolly does write and excellent PI crossed with paranormal content and I have yet to read somebody who does it better.

I don't know why its never appealed to me, there is something about it that doesn't make me go out of the way to read one. I would like to dip my toes into a thriller, preferably something short.