Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics

chesilbeach

I also managed to catch a 7,5km skiing event, the one with the shooting, I can't remember what it's called. Finns didn't do very well, and it was difficult to watch their interviews, they were

The ski jumping was good yesterday, and I watched some of the luge too. I like watch the alpine downhill skiing, but I think I missed that last night, so iplayer here I come.

The skiing and shooting event is, I think, the biathlon. We caught some of that. We also watched some of the luge - they go crazy fast! I'd LOVE to try that sport!!! I hear the Jamaican bobsled team have qualified this year, so I'll be watching that and chanting "Cool Runnin's!" when they compete! ;)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And another day had of watching the curling....women were unlucky not to snatch a win over Canada, but they men did well to get their win....early start for me tomorrow though...5am for the women!

Oh and how on earth did too downhill skiers manage to register the same time...!

Edited by Inver

I can't believe we didn't even place a medal in Snowboarding half pipe!  I'm sooooo disappointed.  Especially Shawn White coming in, what, 11th?  Ugh.

Girls half pipe tonight- Jamie Anderson and Kelly Clark are the ones to watch!  Go USA!

Edited by Anna Begins

Watched the team luge this afternoon while visiting my dad - it was brilliant!!!  What a fantastic relay competition that was.  Congrats to the Germans, winning the first ever team luge Olympic gold medal - over a second ahead of second place. 

I watched that, too - it was great fun.  Watching the ice hockey now :smile:

The team luge was great .. so exciting .. well done Germany!  :smile: Also watched the men's short programme in the figure skating .. beautiful performance by Yuzuru Hanyu but it's so nerve wracking waiting for them to execute their triples and quadruples .. not to say exhausting as I always hold my breath :blush2:  

Shame about Elise in the short track .. hope it spurs her on to better things in the 1000/1500m.

Fingers crossed for Lizzy in tomorrow's skeleton final :wibbly: 

Great stuff LIzzie, could never do that though... :hide: ...too scary.

Fab day for our curlers....getting lucky breaks and another 12-3 for the girls..must be their luck numbers. 3 sessions today...5am women, 10am men and then 3pm again for the women....a busy day and a fruitful one I hope for them all. Will have a sore behind tomorrow...must go set the alarm for the early start...night night.

Just caught some of the women's Super-G and it's a tough course - only 3 out of 11 women have finished the course so far! :eek:  Swtiched on to the red button and found the GB women in the curling - looks a bit close at 7-6 against Korea and nearly at the end of End 9.  Nail biting stuff. :D

Fantastic to see Lizzy win yesterday, I love it when it's obvious that everything has just come together at the perfect time for an athlete - an incredible set of runs for her, and a gold medal.  Brilliant. :smile2:

Edited by chesilbeach

Go Lizzy!!! :exc:  :woohoo:  :exc:   Brilliant stuff!  As Kay said, she made that last run a bit too nervy for my liking :lol:

Feel so sorry for Elise Christie.  I mean, she was at fault in both races, but to be targeted for cyber-bullying as a result?  There are some deeply stupid people around :irked:  Hope she sticks it to them in the 1000m.

The skiing and shooting event is, I think, the biathlon. We caught some of that. We also watched some of the luge - they go crazy fast! I'd LOVE to try that sport!!! I hear the Jamaican bobsled team have qualified this year, so I'll be watching that and chanting "Cool Runnin's!" when they compete! ;)

Ah, biathlon. That is so ambiguous. It's two things, so it could be anything! We call it just shooting skiing in Finnish, that's simple :D

Just watched the 4 x 5km women's skiing, what a brilliant contest! :D Sweden won, but Kalla was so great I can't resent them for that. Finland got a silver medal, wohoo! :smile2:

Edited by frankie

Brilliant stuff .. well done Lizzy but nerve wracking watching that last run 

Yeah, go Lizzie  :D . Too scary at the last tun though!!

Brilliant stuff!  As Kay said, she made that last run a bit too nervy for my liking :lol:

Go Lizzie indeed  :b7ydance:!! But her last run made me cringe, it's was so near a catastrophe :o   :hide:.

Feel so sorry for Elise Christie.  I mean, she was at fault in both races, but to be targeted for cyber-bullying as a result?  There are some deeply stupid people around :irked:  Hope she sticks it to them in the 1000m.

Sometimes I despair of people .. and then I come here *group hug* :D  Hope she will be able to skate well in her preferred event next week. Those idiots will never ever achieve what she has already .. all they can do is hang around waiting to feed off of someone else's misery .. pathetic :mad:  

Not a good day for the GB curlers :(

Todays women 1500 m speedskating was a thriller for us Dutch that is, a clean sweep of the medals including a 4th place.

We all enjoyed those women and their glory and pain. The Goldmedal winner was 4th in a shorttrack finale less than a day before and then came out to beat an olympic record. The nr. 2 came out to defend her title and came fairly close and for he SILVER felt a little like losing, number three was just happy to get a medal and the number 4 was just sad in missing out.

With an awesome 17 medals so far the Netherlands are enjoying themselves a lot.

Men's snowboard cross - exciting and hilarious - you can't beat that combination :giggle2:

Nearly time for the short track 1,000m.  Come on Elise!! :smile:

ETA:  Blimey, if only her heat had been the final :o  :D

Edited by Karsa Orlong