Your Book Activity - February 2014

Janet

Finished Clan of the Cave Bear and started Persuader (Jack Reacher, No 7) by Lee Child.  I love it already!  After a 4 month break, its great to be in Reacher's head again :P And it fits for February's Crime/ Thriller theme :readingtwo:

Persuader is one of his best, I think :smile:

Getting my head around Dune now...it's getting good. :smile:

Yay! :cool::D

I'm about a third of the way through Richard Morgan's Altered Carbon.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spent ages reading Dune last night, and I'm just under the halfway point. It's a good one! :D

Glad to hear it. :) I'll be starting it soon, but I still find it daunting!

I finished reading The Pursuit of Love and have gone back to reading Cocaine Blues by Kerry Greenwood, which I started last year. I thought I had only read a chapter or two, but I was halfway through it, so I should be able to finish it pretty quickly.

I've read about two-thirds of the way through The Pursuit of Love by Nancy Mitford. Excellent book. :)

Yay!! :D *does a happy, skippy, dance*  :D  :hug: 

Still on the island of Sark with Mr Pye ... it's all gone very odd :D 

Trying to listen to one of the Agatha Raisin books but finding it a little convoluted. Haven't started at the beginning (that is .. I started at the beginning of the book obviously .. I'm not that rash .. but have leapt in somewhere in the middle of the series) so don't really know the set-up though did listen to a short story last year without much trouble. Keep falling asleep and then having to go back which is annoying and probably accounts for the rather disjointed reading/listening experience.  :blush2: Still don't feel like I'm giving her a fair trial.

Edited by poppyshake

Finished Running With Scissors by Augusten Burroughs and A Study in Scarlet by Arthur Conan Doyle.

Now starting Jamaica Inn by Daphne Du Maurier. Looking forward to this one, have heard lots of positives about the author.

I'm reading The Book Thief in paperback (about time!). It was on my wishlist for ages, then I eventually got it some time last year. I was reading Quiet but switched over so I could read The Book Thief before I see the film. Really enjoying it.

On the kindle I'm reading Little Women. It's a little slow but I'm enjoying it well enough.

I finished the wonderful The Harpole Report yesterday.  So glad I'm reading all the J. L. Carr books, they're just brilliant.

Had a pre-ordered M. C. Beaton pop on my Kindle the other day, so I thought I'd read that next, and it's another easy, cheering little read. :smile2:

Finished City of Lost Souls which was a brilliant instalment from Cassandra Clare but I'm gutted that I'm going to have to wait so long for the next one!

I am going to started Brother Odd by Dean Koontz the second book of Odd Thomas.

It does seem ages doesn't it? I just hope that Cassandra Clare is able to bring the series to a worthy conclusion as 'City Of Lost Souls' was a great set up for a mighty last book. :smile:

Have finished 'Sanctum' by Sarah Fine, and have since read the little few chapters long short 'Captive ~ A Guard's Tale', with an alternate perspective of a few of the 'Sanctum' chapters. I am thoroughly enjoying this dark and menacing world (what does that say about me?) , so have immediately started the Book Two of the series 'Fractured'. :smile: 

Have nearly finished Replay by Ken Grimwood - it is rather good, isn't it? :)

It certainly is! It's one of my favourites. I don't usually re-read books,but I could happily submerge myself in Replay again. :smile:

I finished the 'western' Butcher's Crossing by John Williams earlier this evening,and haven't decided what to read next yet. Too many choices! :readingtwo:  :smile: