Your Book Activity - February 2014

Janet

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read six books too! It's been an excellent start to the year for me. :)

I have about 100 pages left of Running with Scissors. To answer Poppyshake's question from the other thread, yes it's gross, but nowhere near as bad as I was expecting! It's weird more than gross, I think.

I can't believe it's February already!  This Last month just flew by.  I read 10 books in January, and have started three.....almost finished an Ian Fleming combination book....it's a four in one...Octopussy, The Living Daylights, The Property of a Lady, and 007 in New York.  It's on kindle and I'm about 70-odd% through. 

I've done 5 so far... well, I'm on #5 (and 6 if you count BBC History, which is really wonderful to have while being into a book).  Clan of the Cave Bear is going great and I think will go quickly.

I can't believe it's February already!  This Last month just flew by.  I read 10 books in January, and have started three.....almost finished an Ian Fleming combination book....it's a four in one...Octopussy, The Living Daylights, The Property of a Lady, and 007 in New York.  It's on kindle and I'm about 70-odd% through. 

That's a lotta 007!  How on Earth do you read so quickly?!

Edited by Anna Begins

I finished The Rook!!! It was quite a comic fantasy thriller, and I enjoyed it.  I need to read my book group choice for this month next, one I've been putting off because I'm a scaredy cat - Dark Matter by Michelle Paver.  Fortunately, I love Paver's writing for YA, so I'm confident that aspect will be great, it's just the horror theme might be a bit much for me …  :hide:

Hi KidRoberts, and welcome to the forum ~ you'll have to let us know what you thought of 'The Duel'. :smile:

I've read 10 books so far this this year, although quite a few were pretty easy reads. I just have to hope that the rest of the year goes as well. :D

I've only read 2 so far! Although I don't count the factual books I'm reading for uni, since a lot of the time I only need to read certain sections, so that's my excuse :D

(Just realised as I posted that I haven't changed my 'reading now' status since the beginning of January.... oops! :doh: )

Edited by Hayley

I've read 16 books so far this year. I finished reading Garth Stein - The Art of Racing in the Rain yesterday and today I started David Niven - De 100 Regels voor een Gelukkig Leven (The 100 Simple Secrets of Happy People: What Scientists Have Learned and How You Can Use It) which is a bit simplisticly written but I think contains some useful things for me.

New here...

I just finished The Duel by Chekhov. I'm not much for fiction, but I figured that I would give it a whirl. 

Hi KidRoberts, welcome to the forum. Did you enjoy The Duel ?

I've only read 2 so far! Although I don't count the factual books I'm reading for uni, since a lot of the time I only need to read certain sections, so that's my excuse :D

(Just realised as I posted that I haven't changed my 'reading now' status since the beginning of January.... oops! :doh: )

I hope you enjoyed your 2 books Hayley..... quality over quantity me thinks  :D

I've read 16 books so far this year. I finished reading Garth Stein - The Art of Racing in the Rain yesterday and today I started David Niven - De 100 Regels voor een Gelukkig Leven (The 100 Simple Secrets of Happy People: What Scientists Have Learned and How You Can Use It) which is a bit simplisticly written but I think contains some useful things for me.

16 books Athena...... your a reading machine  :D The only David Niven i've heard of is the actor but i'm guessing he didn't write the book  :smile:

I'm about 200 pages into The Goldfinch  & really feeling like i'm into the story now.

16 books Athena...... your a reading machine  :D The only David Niven i've heard of is the actor but i'm guessing he didn't write the book  :smile:

x

Thanks :)! No I don't think it's the actor, it says on the book the author's a psychologist.

I read The Stepford Wives earlier and have now started Running With Scissors by Augusten Burroughs.

I've now read 7 books this year, but I had my Christmas holidays in January so I'm not sure I will maintain that pace :D

That's a lotta 007!  How on Earth do you read so quickly?!

LOL, the Bond books were a 4 in one, and only 104 pages in all.  Quite good actually.  I posted a review over on my book thread.

I finished The Rook!!! It was quite a comic fantasy thriller, and I enjoyed it.  I need to read my book group choice for this month next, one I've been putting off because I'm a scaredy cat - Dark Matter by Michelle Paver.  Fortunately, I love Paver's writing for YA, so I'm confident that aspect will be great, it's just the horror theme might be a bit much for me …  :hide:

Oh, Yay!  Glad you liked it so much. :D

Wowee!  You are just a steam roller reader!  btw, the actor David Niven did indeed write at least a couple of books.  He was pretty good.  It's been decades since I read it, but here is a link...... http://www.amazon.com/Moons-Balloon-David-Niven/dp/0140239243/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1391396028&sr=1-1&keywords=david+niven+-+the+moon%27s+a+balloon  that is the one I read, but if you scroll down on the page you will see some others he wrote.  Talented fella, and handsome as well. :D

Wow, you're all reading so much you make me feel a little ashamed of myself  :blush2:  .. I only read 5 books so far. I'm waiting for The Help, I wish it will be in my library tomorrow.

Now, Ele....don't even think that. I hope the library gets it tomorrow too!  :yes:

Wowee!  You are just a steam roller reader!  btw, the actor David Niven did indeed write at least a couple of books.  He was pretty good.  It's been decades since I read it, but here is a link...... http://www.amazon.com/Moons-Balloon-David-Niven/dp/0140239243/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1391396028&sr=1-1&keywords=david+niven+-+the+moon's+a+balloon  that is the one I read, but if you scroll down on the page you will see some others he wrote.  Talented fella, and handsome as well. :D

x