Pre ordering on Kindle and Library usage

Anna Begins

I'm just curious, if I pay for a pre-order, how does Amazon notify you when they send the book to you when it comes out?

And for Library users:

Also, does the library tell you how long you have the book when you download a book?  And the books go right to the Kindle?  How often do you use the library?

As for using the library to get Kindle books, I just click on the title I want and it takes me to the Amazon page and you click on Borrow Book instead of Buy Book .

It loads just like when you buy it . If you go to your Manage your Kindle page, it'll show up on your list, but say Borrowed in orange print . We can keep ours for 3 weeks, not sure if all libraries have the same amount of time or not .

At the end of that time, it will be a dead link ,so you'd have to check it out again or renew it if you still want it longer .

Wow- that all helps- thanks!  I'm on the waiting list for my first library book- Harry Potter.  I'm not sure I will like it, but I'm going to give it a go.  Also ordered my first pre-owned 12 Years a Slave.