Your books wish list

Athena

I use my 'tbr' list on Goodreads which currently has 59 titles,though some have been there for a few years. Last year I created a smaller list for high priority books

I want to read on Wordpad on my computer,which I delete from and add to fairly often. :readingtwo:  :smile:

It looks like I'm one of very few who don't have an Amazon wishlist! I never buy from there because the postage costs to Australia are too prohibitive. I keep my wishlist on the Book Depository. I find it very easy to add books there, and I prefer the layout and search functions to Amazon. I also have a spreadsheet of the same books on my wishlist, along with the (current) price and the date it will be published (if it's a pre-order).

There are around 200 books on there at the moment. I don't by any means add every book I want, otherwise I would spend every moment of every day adding books to my wishlist! For instance, there are many classics that I'd like to read, but I don't bother adding them unless I find a particular edition that I'd like. Usually I only add newer books that I've seen recommended here or have found out about elsewhere. And there are probably more non-fiction books than fiction.

I visit my wishlist pretty often; mostly just for fun (yes, I have fun just looking through it :blush2:) and to check if any prices have gone down. Occasionally I'll delete a book if it has been there for a long time and I've since decided I don't want it so much anymore. I only really buy books from there if I'm feeling down and need a pick-me-up or if I want to treat myself. Basically I can use that excuse whenever I want, but I'm trying to be good at the moment!

I use amazon for convenience really, I prefer to buy in actual stores (usually Waterstones). I do have a bit of a tendency to browse amazon just to add things to my wishlist though!

• 1 year later...

I was thinking about this the other day. The wishlist. How many books do you guys have on yours? I don't suppose anyone keeps a tally of their wishlist books, but the ballpark number...? Does your wishlist get out of hand?

I haven't counted the number of books on my wishlist but I fear that at this point it's longer than my TBR. Well, I suppose that's a good thing, in a few ways, but I'm not really fancying a long wishlist... :blush: When does one ever get to read one's TBR list as well as all the books on one's wishlist!! :unsure::lol: 

When does one ever get to read one's TBR list as well as all the books on one's wishlist!! :unsure::lol:

I don't get Christmas gifts (really, we don't now that we are all old lol) and my birthday is January 8th... I usually end up with a nice gift card from Amazon for that :)  Very nice, I never complain!  I really want to try and read some Jodi Picoult this year and some longer books too, like from Barbara Kingsolver (Prodigal Summer).  Roots by Alex Haley is another one I will probably use my gift card for.

I will also be conning my mom out of a few of these for Christmas :grinhat:

The Life of Elizabeth I- Alison Weir (I own the paper version, want to do a re read)

Catherine the Great- Robert K. Massie

The Boleyn Inheritance- Philippa Gregory (book 3 of The Tudor Court series)

I've managed to get my wishlist on Amazon down quite a bit, to 31, and I have a shorter one on Waterstone's - about 15, although most of them are on my Amazon list too.  Considering last year it was over 95, that's not bad for me!

The book at the top of my wishlist is The Great Forgetting by James Renner.  I recently read his first novel, The Man From Primrose Lane, and thought it was just about the best thing ever, so I'm eager to read his latest.  BUT, it's currently only in hardback, and I'd prefer to wait until it reaches paperback, so...

Other than that, I have a few graphic novels on the list that I can't really justify forking out wads of cash for at the moment (boy, can those things be expensive), and a few other books that I'll pick up when my TBR pile begins to shrink a little.

In total, no more than 7 right now.  

I keep my wish list on Amazon, and categorised so that I can easily pick a book depending on my mood if nothing in my TBR takes my fancy.  It shows you how many books are in each wish list, and in total I now have 156 on mine.  I actually had a cull of my list earlier this week, and removed about 50 books that have been there for over five years and I've not been inclined to buy them so far, and don't appeal any more.  Some of the books on the list haven't been published yet either, but are there as a reminder for when they are due to be published.

I was thinking about this the other day. The wishlist. How many books do you guys have on yours? I don't suppose anyone keeps a tally of their wishlist books, but the ballpark number...? Does your wishlist get out of hand?

On my Amazon wishlist, I have 392 books!!! :thud: For my 2016 Reading Blog I'm going to have a post for Wishlist items, so I can keep track of how many I've bought from there and how many I have added to it. 392.....what a ridiculous number! On top of the 350-ish Kindlebook I have yet to read, there really isn't any hope for me. :giggle2:

I don't get Christmas gifts (really, we don't now that we are all old lol) and my birthday is January 8th... I usually end up with a nice gift card from Amazon for that :)  Very nice, I never complain!  I really want to try and read some Jodi Picoult this year and some longer books too, like from Barbara Kingsolver (Prodigal Summer).  Roots by Alex Haley is another one I will probably use my gift card for.

I got my first ever gift card to a bookshop this year and it's a mighty awesome feeling! :exc::lol::smile2: It's a great gift, and sometimes just so much more practical than trying to figure out which book to give to a book loving friend who's read a whole heck of a lot of books and who has plenty of them on their TBR pile, too. Good luck with Jodi Picoult, I was just commenting earlier in your thread re: The Pact which you got as a present from Athena :smile2: 

I keep my wish list on Amazon, and categorised so that I can easily pick a book depending on my mood if nothing in my TBR takes my fancy.  It shows you how many books are in each wish list, and in total I now have 156 on mine.  I actually had a cull of my list earlier this week, and removed about 50 books that have been there for over five years and I've not been inclined to buy them so far, and don't appeal any more.  Some of the books on the list haven't been published yet either, but are there as a reminder for when they are due to be published.

Do you know, I've been thinking about possibly going through my wishlist and taking off some titles that do not appeal to me anymore! It just seems a sensible thing to do. I wondered if it would be weird, though... because I've wanted to read the books at one point... But then again I also have TBR books that I bought ages ago and that do not appeal to me as much as they used to... So what would really be the difference in culling one's wishlist. It's an idea! 

On my Amazon wishlist, I have 392 books!!! :thud: For my 2016 Reading Blog I'm going to have a post for Wishlist items, so I can keep track of how many I've bought from there and how many I have added to it. 392.....what a ridiculous number! On top of the 350-ish Kindlebook I have yet to read, there really isn't any hope for me. :giggle2:

392?! :lol: :lol: I'm glad I'm not the only one with a huge wishlist :D I haven't counted my wishlist titles but I have a feeling it's somewhere close to yours :giggle2: 

Yes! All hope is gone, with TBR and wishlist :D 

I think I have around 260 books on my wishlist, but of course there are many more that I want that just haven't found their way onto the list yet. I've also been thinking of doing a cull. Many of the books have been there for quite a few years. If I haven't wanted them desperately enough to buy them by now, perhaps I don't really want them?

I think I have around 260 books on my wishlist, but of course there are many more that I want that just haven't found their way onto the list yet. I've also been thinking of doing a cull. Many of the books have been there for quite a few years. If I haven't wanted them desperately enough to buy them by now, perhaps I don't really want them?

Plus, you could always add them back again if you feel like it, perhaps if someone writes a review that peaks your interest again?

But there's the thing of one not being able to buy 260 books just like that! At least for me, financially... That's why they are on the wishlist, and not on the TBR pile! :(:rolleyes::D 

I got my first ever gift card to a bookshop this year and it's a mighty awesome feeling! :exc::lol::smile2: It's a great gift, and sometimes just so much more practical than trying to figure out which book to give to a book loving friend who's read a whole heck of a lot of books and who has plenty of them on their TBR pile, too. Good luck with Jodi Picoult, I was just commenting earlier in your thread re: The Pact which you got as a present from Athena :smile2:

It's so much fun to spend when its not your money :D Looking forward to The Pact, I liked Plain Truth, the first of hers that I read this year.  :smile:

I'm thinking of doing a cull of them, but I've just typed them all out for my book blog. :lol: But there were so many that I didn't recognise and that had been on my list for a few years. Like you, I was thinking if I really wanted them, they'd be on my TBR pile rather than my wishlist. :D

Plus, you could always add them back again if you feel like it, perhaps if someone writes a review that peaks your interest again?

Ah, I like this idea! I think I'll make a list somewhere of the books that I don't actually want to take off my wishlist, but that I know I won't be buying anytime soon. Then I'll keep my main wishlist for newer recommendations and new releases. :) That's probably making it extra complicated, but I'll be happier, I think. :) Thanks for the idea!

I'm thinking of doing a cull of them, but I've just typed them all out for my book blog. :lol: But there were so many that I didn't recognise and that had been on my list for a few years. Like you, I was thinking if I really wanted them, they'd be on my TBR pile rather than my wishlist. :D

I saw that list! I'm impressed that you typed them all out! :D

Like Frankie said, money is definitely an issue. But then again, I always manage to find a few dollars for the books I really want, which I guess shows that certain books that have been on my wishlist for years are not as important to me as others!

Ah, I like this idea! I think I'll make a list somewhere of the books that I don't actually want to take off my wishlist, but that I know I won't be buying anytime soon. Then I'll keep my main wishlist for newer recommendations and new releases. :) That's probably making it extra complicated, but I'll be happier, I think. :) Thanks for the idea

This is probably the kind of thing that I would feel like I would have to do. If I removed some books off the wishlist, I'd go anxious thinking what if I removed a really great read! :o And then I'd try to remember the titles and put them back on the list... A manual back-up list might be good :D :D (But then again... if you remove something and don't read it, you'd never know it to possible be a good one and therefore you couldn't really be sad about it... :D )