What are you watching now? - 2014

Athena

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just caught the first half of Liverpool vs Newcastle and it was bloody awful. Worst game of the season by far.

It certainly wasn't the worst game of the season for me. Love beating Liverpool!!!!

I've been watching a quirky TV series I found on DVD in a charity shop called The Book Group.  Up to episode 4 now it's funny that the disparate characters talk about everything else except the books they are supposed to have read. It's growing on me. Has anybody else seen this? I don't know when it was on the telly. 

I saw a few episodes years ago. I liked it but haven't been able to catch it again.

I'm on a week off, so as I wasn't able to go out for a walk due to the filthy weather I treated myself to an episode of Pointless, where for the first time ever I got three pointless answers on the final question!

Me too!

I got Michael Smiley, Reece Shearsmith and Bill Bailey :smile2:

I started watching Scandal last weekend, a friend of mine (who has introduced me to Perception, Girls, Shameless, and who knows what else) made me borrow the DVD from him the last time I was visiting him. I didn't like the sound of it, and only watched Perception rather grudgingly, too, but because Perception was good, I thought I'd give Scandal a go, too. I watched the season 1 finale earlier this evening. Whoah! Must. Get. Season. 2. DVD. SOON! 

The Walking Dead.  Yawn. :rolleyes:

Only just finished series two with the other half this weekend, but have actually enjoyed it so far, thought it was quite entertaining... not a fan?

Only just finished series two with the other half this weekend, but have actually enjoyed it so far, thought it was quite entertaining... not a fan?

Oh I do like it, but the last two episodes (5x04 and 5x05) have been incredibly boring.  They're concentrating on characters I'm not the least bit interested in  :Zzzz:

Still better than season 2, though.  God, that was dull!  Get off the bloody farm already!!  :giggle2:

Oh I do like it, but the last two episodes (5x04 and 5x05) have been incredibly boring.  They're concentrating on characters I'm not the least bit interested in  :Zzzz:

Still better than season 2, though.  God, that was dull!  Get off the bloody farm already!!  :giggle2:

Ah that does make more sense now! :lol:

I enjoyed bits of season two - some of the moralising between Hershel and Rick, and aspects of the plot regarding Sophia, etc. - but I do feel there's more to come with the next series. It did feel like a bit of a character development type of season and it annoyed me too that they were stuck on the farm. It really limited what they could do. Still, entertaining stuff so far must admit. :D

I've been re-watching The West Wing over the last month or so.  I finished season three last night and have ploughed straight on into season four.  The characters make it for me; I wonder what the series would have been like had they stuck with their original intention of having Sam as the lead and Bartlett only making the occasional cameo?  Short-lived, quite possibly!

Made a start on season three of The Walking Dead tonight and got through the first four episodes. Gosh, Steve you were right... season two is dull as dishwater compared to how the third season has hit the ground running! :o

Aw, I must admit that I'm not as invested in Eugene in co, but I wouldn't call them 'yawn' episodes! Even the worst episodes of TWD are awesome, IMO. :)

I do kind of hate that they keep breaking everyone up though.

All the programmes I as watching seem to have finished at the same time (Dr Who, Peaky Blinders, New Tricks)  - I wish they could stagger them a little more. At the moment I'm left with The Missing, which is really good, although every single character in it appears to be completely untrustworthy at the moment! Also The Apprentice  - which you could say the same thing about!

My mum and I have been watching Jeeves and Wooster. We used to have a video of it when I was younger, so it's nice to watch them again. Though Wooster is such a pushover I find myself constantly shouting at my tablet screen telling him to talk back to Aunt Agatha. I get way too invested.