Everly Brothers - R.I.P.

muggle not

Phil Everly of the Everly Brothers passed away at the age of 74. The Everly Brothers were my favorite singing duo. My, how I loved their harmonizing. They were just the greatest.

They were a strong influence on many groups including the Beatles Lennon and McCartney who early on in their career labeled themselves The Foreverlys.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/03/phil-everly-dead_n_4539317.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl4%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D426575

http://youtu.be/1UntuPVcvd0

Edited by muggle not

Phil Everly died Friday in California from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. He was 74.

The Everly Brothers were arguably the most influential vocal duo in music history. They brought their love of country music to rock 'n' roll in the 1950s and 1960s, transforming the pop charts of the day and inspiring legions of young proto rockers like the Beatles, Bob Dylan and the Byrds who would go on to change popular culture.

The Everlys dealt in the entire emotional spectrum with an authenticity that appealed to proto rockers like the Beatles and Bob Dylan, who gladly pass the credit for the sea changes they made in rock to the ruggedly handsome brothers. The Beatles, the quartet whose pitch-perfect harmonies set the pop music world aflame, once referred to themselves as "the English Everly Brothers." And Dylan, pop culture's poet laureate, once said, "We owe these guys everything. They started it all."