Downloadable quizzes for book clubs?

Hello

Just wondered if anyone has any links or info for quizzes to use in our book club? There are 8 of us and we meet once per month to discuss a book that we have chosen the month before the meeting. Sometimes it feels a bit, well...."boring" and I'd like to vary the format occasionally by offering a quiz, a game, etc. that we could do for about 15-30 minutes of our meeting time.

Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.

I don't have any suggestions, but would like to hear of some if you find any!  My book group has gone from reading two books per month to just one, and I think we would benefit from something like this too, as we usually finishing discussing the book within 45 mins and then it just ends up as a free for all.  Would be nice to have something else to keep a bit more structure for some of the rest of the evening. :)

I think anything to sort of "refresh" us would be good. I've been trolling the Internet and must be trying the wrong search phrases or something as I can only find play-online kinds of quizzes. I can think of several possibilities for quizzes: give the first line and guess the author (or title), give an author bio and see how many of his/her titles we can come up with, give some titles and guess the author, provide a place (for example, Paris) and see how many books we can name about that place, give a list of characters and guess the title, etc. I was hoping to find something like that...... I'm too lazy and time-challenged to make up my own.

I'm hoping for something like a "quiz night" format that I can photocopy for each member. Is this possible????

Hi guys

Here are some quizzes to try :

http://www.triviaplaying.com/ 

--If you look to the right at the top, it will have a place to click "Print the questions, no ads " --at the right, there is a category called literature. They have 8 quizzes in it .

http://www.partycurrent.com/word-trivia.html

Here's one about unusual words that might fit in with a book group .

Here's a pdf of a Reader's Digest lit quiz :

http://media.rd.com/dynamic/52/19/05/LITERATURE.pdf

Here's a website to make a printable word search ,so you can make it with author's names, book title,s or something else book related -- you choose the size of the game, number of words, and design for the word search :

http://tools.atozteacherstuff.com/word-search-maker/wordsearch.php

See if any of these will help. I used to lead a book group a  LONG time ago, so was always looking for ideas to keep the group interesting .

Good luck .

Glad I could be of help . Just go into search and look up book trivia or literature trivia . There are lots more ,but most are like one question on a page, so you'd have to write or type out the list one question at a time .

Another really simple idea is to give them a blank sheet of paper and have them list as many One-word Titles as they can ( make it a timed test ) , or titles with a body of water, a color, etc ..

There are millions of ideas like that ..

Have fun . Drop in and let us know how they liked them .

**Another SUPER simple book related game is to have a book laying there with a jar and slips of paper . Have each person guess how many pages are in the book . You might wanna rubber-band it so no one peeks ( if you have any peekers in your group ) .

Closest guess wins (the book if you have one to give away ) .