Inver's Reading List 2014

Inver

Great reviews! I'm glad you liked the Diane Chamberlain book :). It's a shame you didn't like the Lesley Pearse book, I haven't read Stolen but I did read two other books by the same author and I really liked those (at least, the author had the same name).

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'The Christmas Wedding' by James Patterson & Richard Dilallo

Quick read. Simple story line. Gaby is getting married again. Her husband died three years ago and since then she and her four children have drifted apart. No Christmas has been celebrated together since Peter's death. But Gaby has announced she is getting married, but there is a catch....she won't announce to who until the day of the wedding on Christmas day and she has been proposed to 3 times (yeh and who does that happen to...!)Everyone must be there...no excuses.

The kids characters were OK'ish, but I have to say Gaby did annoy me. I know it was all about her and the wedding, but please....there was just too much me, me, me. It was all just a bit too 'perfect'. I didn't think it was particularly well written and given James Patterson other genre of writing, why would he write something like this....! Just be thankful if you do decide to read it that it doesn't take long...!

1.5/5

I seem to be having a mixed year of reading Athena....some good and some not so good. I have another Christmassy one to read...got today in post as a swap....'Christmas at the Cupcake Cafe' ~ Jenny Colgan. Maybe that will tick the boxes..!

Not me, I haven't read it yet.  I like Jenny Colgan, but I haven't this one.  I need to read Meet Me At The Cupcake Café first.

Whoops sorry, my bad :blush2:! I'm glad you like the author though, that's promising. I haven't yet read Meet Me At The Cupcake Café, I'm going to read that one first. I hope to be able to read both in December.

• 1 month later...

'Christmas at the Cupcake Cafe' by Jenny Colgan

I haven't read 'Meet me at the Cupcake Cafe' but it was easy enough to get to know the characters. It was an OK read, but thought I it might have made me feel more Christmassy than it did. It does sound like a nice café to visit though if I was passing by and wanted to pop in.

3/5